The Office of the Registrar seeks a Scheduling Coordinator to determine appropriate usage for the scheduling of all central classroom space for academic purposes, including specialized assignments for large and specific classroom requests, evening and midterm exams, final exams, summer special academic programs, summer conferences, and one-time academic room uses. The coordinator analyzes and troubleshoots issues with Dean's and scheduling liaisons. This position analyzes course activity during student registration and determines how to enforce regulations regarding classroom seating limits, related state, accreditation and institutional polices, as well as academic course/room scheduling practices. This position evaluates trends and determines the development needed for academic scheduling protocols and practices to best support campus needs.
Who we are:
The Office of the Registrar is a customer service environment providing a diversity of information and services. This fast-paced environment demands excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, professionalism and the ability to manage multiple competing demands. Experience a healthy work/life balance among our diverse hardworking and lively group of professionals.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Strategic Campus Scheduling
- Analyzes Campus Solutions and Series 25 data to independently assign over 175 centrally-controlled classrooms for Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
- Determines the best room usage based on academic course requirements and availability of classroom space and also includes the classroom scheduling of final/midterm exams, evening exams, reviews, films, and all other related academic events.
- Assigns rooms for multiple summer programs, including Orientation, Conference Services, the High School Scholars Program, Science Discovery, Upward Bound and the Precollegiate Programs.
- Negotiates with deans and academic departments when conflicts arise to ensure customers' needs are being met while effectively managing available campus classroom resources.
- Evaluates and enforces room scheduling policy, analyzes and makes changes to processes as needed, and determines streamlining opportunities in classroom scheduling policies and procedures.
Academic Schedule Guidance
- Provides technical assistance and guidance to academic departments and deans in the development of a comprehensive schedule of courses in Campus Solutions for Fall, Spring and Summer terms.
Final Exam Scheduling
- Plans final examination schedule twice per academic year, determining a fair distribution of final exam time assignments, which requires various considerations of multiple criteria such as: common exams, regular course exam time special requests, and religious holidays.
- Implements CS table updates for accurate examination scheduling and assigns approximately 3000 classrooms.
Back-Up for the Assistant Registrar
- Analyzes course changes requested by colleges by examining their correctness within the framework of the Campus Solutions course numbering system and degree audit programs.
- Provides coverage for the unit to constituents. Answers the main Course and Room Scheduling e-mail and phone lines, responding to requests and questions within stated service level agreements.
What we can offer:
The anticipated salary for this position is $48,000-$55,000 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be supportive. Be strategic. Be collaborative. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree
What you will need:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
What we'd like you to have:
- At least two years' experience with increasing responsibilities in a university setting, either within a Registrar's Office or another office responsible for Academic/Class Scheduling
- At least two years' experience working with Camus Solutions and scheduling software (preferably Series 25) course/class set-up, analysis, and design
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by July 21, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10066.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10401 - Office of the Registrar
Posting Date: Jul 10, 2017
Closing Date: Jul 21, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00003002