Paralegal (F/T), CFRN60055CNSEL
Reporting to General Counsel, provide administrative and legal support within the Office of the General Counsel. Perform a variety of tasks as detailed below which include maintaining and organizing files, drafting documents and conducting legal research.
Position Title: Paralegal (F/T), CFRN60055CNSEL
Duties of Position:
- Conduct research on relevant law and draft relevant memoranda
- Assist with factual and internal investigations
- Organize and maintain documents in a paper or electronic filing systems
- Gather and arrange evidence and other legal documents for attorney review and case preparation
- Assist with preparation of occasional minor court hearings
- Review contracts and other legal documents
- Draft correspondence and basic legal documents
- Communicate with witnesses, lawyers, outside vendors, and others on substantive and logistical topics
- Review legal and related billings for accuracy and reasonableness
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Education:
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one years’ experience working as a Paralegal in a law firm or House Counsel.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree with a Paralegal certificate.
EXPERIENCE: Two or more years’ experience working as a Paralegal in an in-house legal department.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer, printer/scanner/copier, standard office tools, MS Office.
General office environment; occasional lifting of items weighing up to 20 pounds.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans' status, marital status, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.
Department: Office of General Counsel-CNSEL
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt