Instructional Administrative Assistant II - Math
Instructional Administrative Assistant II - Math
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09095
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Classified; Salary Level 17, Fulltime, Non-Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $2,929 - $3,082 per month
Job Close Date: July 20, 2017
This position performs a full range of complex administrative support duties in support of the Math department on the Sylvania Campus.
The hours are 7am to 4 pm with occasional exceptions for first week of term and special events.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
1. Effectively operate all modules of college data base system, including inputting, extracting, and presenting data in a useful format to make effective decisions or alert supervisor of specific issues. Run a variety of reports for assigned department or division.
2. Input all aspects of class schedule; creating and verifying information and resolving room assignment issues prior to catalog print deadline. Develop and proof Schedule Proof for final approval. Make changes to scheduled classes as determined by Department Chairs. Monitor enrollment data for low enrollment classes and advise supervisor as needed. Remove canceled classes from system. Notify students of canceled or delayed classes.
3. Receive and process time sheets and student payroll and resolve pay issues. Create EPAF using appropriate pay rates for each employee class. Work with HRIS to correct any errors in the submission process. Process MAP forms for special pay situations and cooperative education. Run reports to verify payroll is correct. Review employee records with multiple time cards and multiple pay rates for accuracy. Process payroll authorizations for full and part-time faculty, casual, student and administrative staff. Track instructor work days, sick days, and other special requirements set forth in bargaining agreements.
4. Track and monitor budget and/or grant expenditures for assigned departments or division. Reconcile budget expenditure records against college data base budget reports. Process the transfer of monies as required to ensure accounts are balanced.
5. Maintain database of instructional materials. Prepare and send instructor evaluations with corresponding instructions and materials.
6. Assist with the development of and type correspondence, policies and procedures, reports, contracts, instructional materials, time cards, and spreadsheets. Maintain supervisor's calendar. Coordinate and attend department meetings. Take minutes and distribute to participants as requested.
7. Order division/department supplies and equipment, instructinal materials and textbooks utilizing the college purchase card and ensuring adherence to college purchasing guidelines. Track expenditures and reconcile bank statements.
8. Answer phones and greet the public and students. Provide general guidance, problem solving and assistance to students. May process petitions for graduation. Resolve a variety of office problems independently.
9. May interview and make recommendations in the hiring of student workers and casuals; coordinate the work activities of assigned student workers and casuals. Advise supervisor of student worker performance issues.
10. Process class book orders, ensuring adequate supply is available for enrolled students. Order desk copies for instructors and division library.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
- Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
High school diploma or equivalent and three years administrative support experience or one year in a position equivalent to IAA I.
College or business school training may be substituted for up to two years of the administrative experience requirement.
Other equivalent combinations of experience and training will be considered.
Knowledge of: Contemporary office practices, procedures and techniques; spelling, vocabulary, math and grammar skills; use and operation of personal computers and associated standard office software, basic customer service standards and principles; other office resources and equipment including phones and telecommunications systems, fax machines, copy machines, TTY devices; general knowledge of the administrative requirement associated with delivering academic programs and services in an educational environment.
Ability to: Develop and maintain effective working relationships; effectively evaluate a situation or issue and develop sound working solutions; maintain a reliable and dependable attendance record; provide effective and responsive service to department customers and contacts; perform all assigned tasks efficiently and accurately and create and maintain accurate records; possess and demonstrate the required level of proficiency in desktop computers and other assigned software or electronic resources, including the Intranet and Internet, as assigned; learn and utilize Banner or other information systems and databases; create and maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Frequent work interruption or change in work flow is frequent.
Occasional lifting, guiding, or carrying of light-weight materials or equipment may be required. Sitting for extended periods of time while working at a computer terminal and the ability to bend, stoop, and crawl in troubleshooting office equipment failure or maintenance is required of incumbents in this classification.
- Experience creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all people.
- Demonstrated capacity for high quality communication via email and phone.
- Extensive experience working with the google platform (email, calendar, contacts, drive, forms, etc).
- Experience with Banner and/or other higher education data management systems.
- Experience carrying out complex tasks accurately with great attention to detail.
- Experience working independently with demonstrated ability to identify and prioritize multiple tasks which may have competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a calm, positive focus while working with frequent interruptions.
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)*
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.