Staff Assistant, Event Consultant
Staff Assistant, Event Consultant
University Events follows University priorities to plan, support, and execute meetings, events, and programs on campus. A one-stop operation, University Events coordinates the efforts of University support areas on behalf of event sponsors. University Events provides a high level of customer service to event sponsors while managing limited space and other resources in service of the University mission.
The Events Consultant provides program planning to campus sponsors and external conference clients. S/he also ensures that necessary program services have been arranged and assists sponsors with program execution.
Position Type: APA Professional
1. Provide coordination and project management to campus event sponsors to ensure event success. Develop appropriate plans for the program implementation and evaluation based upon the stated goals including selecting most appropriate date(s) and location(s) for programs based upon the campus calendar and program requirements.
2. Plan and coordinate necessary program support services, including facilities arrangements, parking, audio-visual needs, food/beverage service, and other related needs.
3. Oversee the management of event teams to produce quality, multi-faceted events and programs. Hire, train, supervise and evaluate student and part-time staff for the support of conferences and events; coordinate staff assignment to ensure delivery of appropriate conference/event support.
4. Establish program specific campus calendar and event information that is then disseminated to college community.
5. Participate in the planning process for University-wide events, including participation in planning meetings, assumption of specified program-related duties and managing the execution of the event.
6. Directly oversee program setup and execution for events and/or conferences as assigned.
7. Plan and coordinate summer conference housing arrangements with the department of Residence Life and Housing; obtain relevant information from clients, including rooming lists, check-in needs, etc.; and arrange for rental of necessary services, as required. Coordinate use of facilities and appropriate food services for summer conferences.
8. Maintain accurate and complete record of all services, counts and expenses associated with conferences and events to ensure accurate information for billing purposes. Prepare billing summaries at conclusion of all assigned programs.
9. Develop and maintain program support resources for campus event planners, including entertainment options, equipment rental companies, florists, etc. Make necessary contacts with these resources as appropriate.
Maintain comprehensive event records in Event Management Systems (EMS) database. Utilize EMS system to communicate event information to sponsors and service providers.
10. Assist with off hours and weekend questions & issues that may arise due to scheduled events and meetings.
11. Work with the director to provide direction, policy formulation and decision-making to effectively plan events.
12. Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external university partners.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree required.
2. Experience in the program planning/development and the coordination of program support of a diverse range of events.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, organization skills and attention to detail are required, as is flexibility and a sense of humor
4. Successful candidate will have experience in supervising, a dedication to developing a student staff as well as success in working in a fast-paced, hands-on environment
1. Master’s degree in related field highly desirable
2. Preference will be given to candidates with related professional experience working in a higher education setting
3. Experience with using database and general office software
4. Basic knowledge of audio-visual equipment as applicable to programs, meetings and events is preferred
5. Flexibility and the ability to work nights and weekends as necessary.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5 pounds.
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Salary Range: $48,000 - $50,000
Posting Number: S00215P
Open Date: 07/06/2017
Close Date: 7/19/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
*a minimum of three (3) professional
*Position information updated 7/12/17
To apply, visit https://jobs.bridgew.edu/postings/7461
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.