Accounting Professor (F529)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Accounting Professor
Position Tracking Number: F529
School/College: School of Business and Management
Department: L.P. and Timothy Leung School of Accounting
Location: Azusa Campus
Description: The accounting faculty position is at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor level in one or more of the following areas: financial, managerial, tax, audit, or government/non-profit. The preferred teaching assignment is at the undergraduate and masters' levels.
The L.P. and Timothy Leung School of Accounting's Vision is, "We will be a premier Christian Accounting School, recognized as a thought leader on accounting character and competence to reflect the life of Christ and shine the light of Truth."
Specialization: Accounting (all areas considered).
Responsibilities: Teaching (60%), research (20%), and service (20%).
Level: Rank open
- PhD in Accounting from an AACSB accredited institution, with evidence of teaching effectiveness, scholarship potential at APU SBM's Scholarly Academic level, and professional experience required.
- CPA Preferred.
- Desire and ability to integrate one's Christian faith into the class curriculum is also required.
- A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University (Faculty members are required to sign a Statement of Faith, available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe, and to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook).
Experience: Must be qualified for appointment at the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor level. Evidence of strong potential in teaching, research, service, and collegiality is preferred.
Workload: Full-time, 12 month contract
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.