Customer Service Representative - Marietta
Job Description Summary
This position provides customer service support for the college’s admissions process.
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging. Regular fulltime staff, administrators, and faculty enjoy the abundant array of University System health, retirement, and other benefits which includes tuition assistance after six months of employment. Additionally, GHC is a qualifying employer under the Department of Education Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF). This program provides student loan repayment and forgiveness for qualifying loans for eligible full-time employees. See https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service for more information.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
• Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years
• Greets visitors; answers telephone and refers to appropriate staff emebers; and provides information and assistance regarding the college’s financial aid application procedures
• Acts as a central referral resource, providing basic information and assistance regarding the college
• Refers more complex questions and visitors to appropriate staff members
• Receives and screens enrollment documentation
• Monitors and responds to the 411 Ticketing System
• Reviews and forwards incoming email to appropriate staff members
• Assists students with general computer and printer issues and resetting personal identification numbers and passwords
• Escorts students to appropriate offices
• Scans documents and prepares for courier
• Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of University System and college policies and procedures
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs
• Skill in the provision of customer services
• Skill in oral and written communication