WIOA Coordinator Assistant
Job Description Summary
This position assists in the coordination of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act programming for the college.
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging. Regular fulltime staff, administrators, and faculty enjoy the abundant array of University System health, retirement, and other benefits which includes tuition assistance after six months of employment. Additionally, GHC is a qualifying employer under the Department of Education Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF). This program provides student loan repayment and forgiveness for qualifying loans for eligible full-time employees. See https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service for more information.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with an Associate degree
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an AA Degree and having had a similar position for one to two years
- Assists in recruiting participants and providing program information; assists in processing applications; generates and tracks files for all program participants
- Drafts memoranda, email, proposals, letters and other documents
- Assists in the development and implementation of program policies
- Provides program information to faculty, staff, students and our community
- Maintains the calendar for the WIOA Program
- Provides WIOA Program reports and analysis to client group leadership
- Attends Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Program meetings, job fairs and community outreach events
- Answers telephone and records accurate and complete messages
- Performs related duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act policies and procedures
- Knowledge of modern office principles and practices
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs
- Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions
- Skill in oral and written communication