Admissions Counselor (Recruiter)
ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR (RECRUITER)
Mount Saint Mary College, rated by U.S. News & World Report as a top-tier regional university, seeks an energetic, conscientious, purpose-driven, people-and detail-oriented individual to serve as Admissions Counselor/Recruiter. The person in this position will possess unquestionable integrity, be a good listener, be a team player, have a good sense of humor, and maintain confidentiality for all aspects of our office.
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, life insurance, paid vacation and personal days, and a 403b program.
The full-time Admissions Counselor, reporting to the Associate Director of Admissions, enjoys a year-round position with paid vacation and benefits.
The Admissions Counselor will:
- Develop in-depth knowledge about the College and its academic and extracurricular programs and articulate these programs in a manner consistent with the College's strategic plan to prospective students, their families, guidance counselors & the community.
- Recruit prospective students by conducting high school visits and attending college fairs in selected territory; cultivate selected territory by developing relationships with guidance and college counselors and by increasing application and deposit activity; provide regular territory analysis and feedback.
- Assist with the daily operations of the Office of Admissions through daily admissions presentations, interviews, on/off campus admission events, Open Houses and Accepted Student Receptions as well as email, social media and phone call campaigns.
- Meet quantitative and qualitative departmental goals for inquiries, applications, admitted and enrolled students through the completion, review and conversion of applications for designated territory.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in financial aid, advising, registrar and other campus offices to ensure a consistent and smooth transition from applicant to student.
- Maintain and update files including travel and student records.
- Perform other duties as required to meet organizational needs and goals.
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of six-to-twelve months’ experience in recruitment, public relations, marketing or a related field, preferably in a college or university setting.
- Ability and willingness to articulate the benefits of a liberal arts education in the context of the Dominican and Catholic intellectual traditions.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation/communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with students, faculty and staff.
- Effective time management, strong organizational abilities, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Must have experience working with office equipment and technology (Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Candidates must be willing to travel extensively. Must have some familiarity with making online travel arrangements.
- Fluency in Spanish is required.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of professionalism.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Regular evening and weekend work are required.
Working Conditions: Multi-tasked, goal-and deadline-driven environment. Overnight travel anywhere in the United States, evening and some weekend hours will be required throughout the year. Extensive sitting, walking, and lifting may be required as well.