Senior DevOps Engineer
Position ID: cITs0306
Location: Irving, TX
Term: !2 Mths CTH
Connections IT Services is seeking a talented and technical Senior DevOps Engineer who is capable of leading process and tool set implementation and improvement that will enable Continuous Integration/Deployment environments and workflows. The Senior DevOps Engineer must be innovative, energetic, and driven to provide supper customer experiences.
You will leverage your combination of consulting skills, technical ability, development knowledge, and architecture strategy to assess the needs of a customer to leverage DevOps methodologies. This role requires coordination with internal customers in a DevOPs fashion with Developers, QA, Operations and Release Managers as well as leaders across the enterprise. The ideal candidate would have experience spanning multiple IT disciplines, including application development, Infrastructure engineering and operations (monitoring, configuration and management, system administration, database administration)
You'll stand out from the crowd with:
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture (REST APIs, micro-services, etc.) and ability to develop code to make API calls
- Large scale application deployment experience. Extensive build and release engineering experience and proven ability to design and develop automated deployment solutions.
- Knowledge of Cloud-native platform such as Cloud Foundry
- Experience with creating infrastructure as code (Docker, Puppet, chef etc.)
- Use of performance monitoring tools like SPLUNK (operational intelligence & log analysis)
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Establish enterprise-grade continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) toolchain service including GitHub Enterprise, Cloudbees Jenkins, SonaType Nexus Repository, and SonarQube.
- Integrate upstream and downstream development/QA/Security testing tools in to the enterprise toolchain
- Upgrade, maintain, and improve the DevOps toolchain service infrastructure.
- Automate application build and deployment pipeline utilizing the DevOps toolchain
- Support traditional release management model while adopting DevOps release principles and best practice
- Responsible for services availability, integrity and stability
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or other related technical field
- 5 or more years of experience working in Agile software development or related field using Java, or .NET.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with installation, configuration and administration of continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc. Experience with CloudBees Enterprise Jenkins is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with source code management system configuration and administration, such as Git, SVN, AccuRev. GitHub Enterprise is preferred.
- Ability to integrate Quality testing and Security testing tools into CI process (e.g., HP QTP, Selenium, JMeter, HP Fortify, SonarQube)
- Experience with build tools Ant and Maven is desired
- Systems Administration experience in Linux and/or Unix environment with Shell, Python, Ruby.
- Working knowledge of common networking protocols (e.g., HTTP, TCP, IP, SSH, FTP, SMTP, DNS, LDAP), load balancer, firewall, storage.
- Capable of writing comprehensive technical documentation and diagrams
- .Net and/or Java *: 4 (Very Strong) of 5 (Expert)
- Continuous Integration *: 5 (Expert) of 5 (Expert)
- DevOps experience *: 4 (Very Strong) of 5 (Expert)
- Maven *: 4 (Very Strong) of 5 (Expert)
- Red Hat Linux OS *: 3 (Moderately Strong) of 5 (Expert)
- Shell Scripting *: 4 (Very Strong) of 5 (Expert)
Connections IT Services is in the business of Aligning Strategy with Talent. Our mission is to identify, qualify, and retain the Best Talent for our clients as well as identify the ideal opportunity for our network of talent professionals. Our intimate understanding of our business clients corporate strategy and corporate culture allows us to vet opportunities that are in line with your technical and business expertise.
Sun, 9 Jul 2017 09:08:39 PDT