ITS Educational Technician (Reg PT)
ITS Educational Technician (Reg PT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Train and provide excellent customer service and Information Technology problem solving and support for students. This includes the use of software applications, computer hardware & peripherals, operating systems, web tools, online resources, handheld and tablet devices, and all internal services.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than January 4, 2017. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. There are four available positions at: Allegheny, Boyce, North, and South Campuses. This is a 12 month position.
Campus: College Wide
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Monday - Thursday; 3:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Saturday; 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Regular part-time 25 hours/week.
Requires associate's degree preferred in information science or related field; minimum two-year experience with various software applications; background in customer service preferred. Must have strong organizational skills, and the ability to multitask, work in a team environment, work well with people, learn new technical skills quickly, and independently remain current in the technology field. Must be able to type a minimum of 30 words per minute. Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
Occasionally requires physical exertion to reach, bend, and stand for long periods of time, crawling into tight areas, including under desks.
1. Confer with supervisors, Educational Technicians, and all ITS employees on an as needed basis.
2. Appropriately use all aspects of the IT Service Management application:
a. Collect all required information, enter information accurately, and ensure the appropriate information needed for a resolution is gathered.
b. Remain current with all system information, changes and updates.
c. Utilize the system for all communications to customers.
d. Adhere to all standard ITS processes and procedures.
e. Track and route problems/requests and clearly document resolutions.
f. Identify and escalate tickets according to documented standards.
g. Document resolutions and create FAQs and knowledge base articles.
3. Identify, troubleshoot, isolate and communicate problems to users and technical staff.
4. Actively participate in assigned projects related to current ITS initiatives in order to support student learning.
5. Monitor the phone queue during shift to provide support for the Student Service Desk. Identify research and respond to service tickets in a complete and timely manner.
6. Identify research and respond to service tickets in a timely manner and provide customer focused support.
7. Work cooperatively with staff within the Information Technology Services Department and other divisions of the college to accomplish departmental, divisional and institutional goals as assigned.
8. Provide timely feedback to manager and team.
9. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Open Lab Operations:
1. Help to ensure the operation and functionality of the computer lab by providing information and instructional assistance in the lab to students and faculty with software applications, computer hardware & peripherals, operating systems, web tools, online resources, handheld and tablet devices, and all internal services.
2. Perform walk-throughs of the open lab every 15 minutes.
3. Maintain a clean and functioning environment for students and faculty to work.
4. Maintain a working knowledge of College-supported software applications, computer hardware & peripherals, operating systems, web tools, online resources, handheld and tablet devices, and all internal services.
5. Research questions using all available information resources, both internal and external to CCAC.
6. Problem solve, diagnose and resolve technical issues.
7. Provide feedback to manager to ensure optimal workflow is being utilized in all situations.
1. Exhibit patience, effective interpersonal skills, assertiveness, diplomacy and the ability to determine when each is required.
2. Work with a positive attitude in an ever changing environment.
3. Be punctual, dependable, and do the job right the first time.
4. Complete work assignments in the most efficient manner.
5. Take the initiative to learn new software and hardware on their own and remain open to new ideas and technology at all times.
6. Make appropriate decisions that support student learning, make sure actions are adequate to solve problems, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
7. Always perform work with Customer Service best practices.
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech
Job Type: Part-time
Job Open Date: 12-09-2016
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.