Ideal Candidate Statement:
Ohlone prides itself as a Learning College with the motto of “A World of Cultures United in Learning” and we are looking for faculty who embrace diversity in serving students of varied backgrounds and learning styles. The College is committed to environmental sustainability and looks to all employees to support this important goal.
The Ohlone College Department of Community Education is looking for a pool supervisor to monitor the pool during its new Community Lap Swim, starting January 2017.
The Pool Supervisor will be the only person on site during this public swimming program, so punctuality is critical. The primary duties include checking in pool patrons and handling entry dues, ensuring the safety of all pool guests by enforcing all pool rules, and responding to emergencies quickly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the community lap swim program during the hours of 6:30am-10:30am on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
• Understand emergency procedures.
• Handle financial transactions as guests come in to swim.
• Manage customer relations with swimming pool patrons.
• Check members and guests at the entrance.
• Follow and enforce all pool safety regulations.
• Complete required training successfully within 30 days of hire.
• Maintain safety and well-being of all swimming pool patrons.
• Maintain constant and active surveillance of patrons in the facility; act immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
• Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
• Present professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintain a high standard of customer service.
• Prepare and maintain appropriate activity reports.
• Open and secure aquatics facility at end of shift.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Education: High School Diploma
• At least 3-5 years of in-pool swimming experience or participation in relevant sports team
• Ability to stay calm and act with quickness to any given situation
• Lifeguard training preferred
• CPR/ED And First Aid certification required (if you do not have the training, we will ask you to complete it within 30 days of hire)
• Must have a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
Starting Salary Range:
$14 per hour
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies:
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Until Filled: No
If you do not meet minimum qualifications as stated, a completed equivalency portfolio with all related documents must accompany the application or your packet will not be considered. The equivalency form could be found on our website at: http://www.ohlone.edu/org/hr/jobs/docs/equivalencyform-forfacultycandidatestocomplete.pdf
Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.
Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986:
Applicants selected for positions will be required to provide identification and employment eligibility as outlined in the federal “Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986.”
A multi-campus single community college district, Ohlone College is located in the southern portion of the San Francisco Bay in California; serving 12,000 students per year. The District has a main campus in the City of Fremont and a newly constructed campus in the City of Newark. Ohlone College is an ethnically diverse institution that promotes innovation and continuous improvement in departments and divisions. The College is named for the native population living in the area when Mission San Jose was founded. The Fremont campus is located just south of the historical Mission. The Newark Campus is located near Interstate 880 and emphasizes programs in health, environment, and technology.
The District is strongly committed to the principles of equal opportunity and to hiring qualified staff who reflect the diversity of our community. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, military and veteran status, pregnancy/childbirth/breastfeeding or related medical condition or any other protected basis in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. The college encourages applications from all qualified applicants.
If you have a disability and are in need of special services, equipment, or facilities in order to apply or interview for this opening, please call the Human Resources office at: (510) 659-6088.
Conditions of Employment:
Offers of employment are contingent upon Governing Board approval. Employment with Ohlone Community College is not complete or official until applicants meet all pre-employment requirements. All new employees are required to submit official transcripts and proof of freedom from tuberculosis. In addition you will be required to provide identification and employment eligibility as outlined in the federal “Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986.” Pre-employment tests and/or medical examinations may be required. Ohlone Community College does not sponsor H1B visas. Employees must sign the Oath or Affirmation of Allegiance and submit fingerprints for CA Department of Justice clearance.
To apply, visit: https://employment.ohlone.edu