Dean of Student Development (Reg FT)
Dean of Student Development (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Reporting to the Campus President, the Dean provides overall strategic leadership for the development, delivery and coordination of student support, student life and enrollment services.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than April 18, 2017. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Master's degree required, Doctorate degree preferred in student personnel services or a related field and a minimum of five years' experience. Extensive experience related to designing, planning, developing strategic initiatives and measuring outcomes for student services and enrollment management in an academic setting. Strong people, administration, communication, presentation, computer, organizational, supervisory, counseling, decision making, academic and writing skills. Ability to effectively problem solve by defusing explosive situations and mediate between students, faculty and parents. Experience managing in a collective bargaining environment and managing student processes. Ability to deal effectively with confrontation.
Candidate should have strong project management, technology, and collaboration skills, with a demonstrated history of inspiring innovative thinking and best practice initiatives.
Proven experience working with diverse populations, as well as with the k-12 sector, community based organizations and business/industry.
1. In collaboration with College/campus leadership and Institutional Research, establishes, implements and assesses the annual data informed campus and center's enrollment plans.
2. Work with the Marketing department and the Chief Information Officer in the development of strategic and customized communications tactics targeting the diverse pool of prospects (e.g. high school counselors, community based organizations, parents, traditional and non-traditional students).
3. Collaborate with Academic Affairs and central administration in exploring, establishing and
implementing new dual enrollment partnerships
4. Supervises administration of an objective-based program for purposes of planning and performance evaluation; completes yearly performance evaluations.
5. Provides leadership oversight of the campus's student recruitment and retention efforts; monitors enrollment and process that affect enrollment including college-wide admissions, financial aid and registration/academic advising coordination.
6. Attends and participates in administrative meetings; serves on various committees as required.
7. Prepares the capital and operating budget proposals for submission to the campus president.
8. Directs overall planning of student services within approved budget guidelines.
9. Approves capital and operational expenditures of student services.
10. Engages the external community in learning about CCAC by participating in community activities in leadership positions; represents the campus president as requested.
11. Identifies, develops and/or coordinates learning sites and partnerships as needed.
12. Enforces the Student Code of Conduct.
13. Supervises with the assistance of the Director of Student Life the proper usage of student areas such as club offices, student union and center, gymnasium, fitness center and meeting rooms.
14. Receives referrals from faculty or students in need of academic assistance or personal counseling.
15. Formulates, appraises and implements management policies.
16. Helps establish a student culture where diversity is encouraged and where students learn to respect differences, take responsibility for their actions, and exercise leadership.
17. Participates in the strategic planning for the campus.
18. Facilitates learning and development of students outside the classroom.
19. Coordinates with campus and college constituencies and community leaders in developing and managing co-curricular learning, internships and service opportunities.
20. Provides leadership in and is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of policies and regulations pertaining to student life and services.
21. Works with the student services staff, student groups and other members of the College community in developing extracurricular programming assuring integration with the academic life of the institution and encouraging student personal growth and development.
22. Addresses computerized placement test issues including updating the website, working with external agencies to provide access to e-Compass, etc.
23. Assists in coordinating student services assessment activities.
24. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Student Development
Job Open Date: 04-03-2017
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.