Program Coordinator - Undergraduate Psychology
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Program Coordinator for Psychology will manage department activities, as well as special projects, for the undergraduate programs in psychology under the direction of the Department Chair. The program coordinator will work closely with the program Directors and Department Chair in an effort to manage the administrative responsibilities of the undergraduate Programs including (but not limited to) curriculum management, course scheduling, fiscal management, coordination with other university departments and systems, and student and faculty support. The coordinator is also responsible for overseeing the planning and managing of special events and activities for the Undergraduate Programs.
- B.A. or equivalent experience preferred.
- One - five years of experience with progressive organizational and administrative responsibility.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Participates in department recruitment, administration, organization and advising activities and direct advising of students needing guidance.
- Coordinate and submit course schedules in a timely manner to Registrar.
- Coordinate with the Registrar any schedule changes in the Program.
- Interface with other departments in the university. Coordinates meetings, and provides administrative support to the chair, program directors, and faculty of the department.
- Oversee workload for graduate student workers in Psychology department.
- Coordinates and facilitates special events for the department.
- Coordinates IDEA requisitions each semester.
- Manages correspondence with students.
- Oversees program scheduling, calendar and reservations.
- Assist the chair in budget management for programs (e.g., track spending and fund availability for all budget lines, provide weekly budget updates and spending projections)
- Oversees the management of assisting faculty in various tasks.
- Manages the hiring logistics for all new adjuncts. Manage correspondence with both adjunct and faculty.
- Manages the faculty contracts by semester and interfaces with Human Resources and Payroll to ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Records minutes in faculty meetings.
- Oversees the service and maintenance of all program resources, assists in purchasing resources as needed.
- Oversees the essential day to day office functions: monitoring paperwork, answering email and the telephone, distributing office mail, maintaining office files, ordering office supplies, processing mailings and duplication.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.