Dean of Administration (Reg FT)
Dean of Administration (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Directs and administers campus fiscal and business operations including physical plant, safety and security, switchboard, business office, student accounts, food services, mailroom, duplicating, shipping and receiving, inventories and bookstore.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than April 17, 2017. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Master's degree in business management, accounting or related field and a minimum of eight years experience. Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-functional team. Excellent understanding of strategic planning, capital planning, budget planning and maintenance and human resources. Must have people skills and the ability to supervise staff. Personality and work ethic that evokes confidence from other leadership team members.
1. Responsible for the effective operation, examination of practices, commitment to consistency and standardization in practice toward the one-college concept in fiscal and business operations.
2. Assists the campus president and leadership team in examining and developing major College priorities.
3. Assists the campus president with coordination of campus services and facilities.
4. Identifies, develops in cooperation with appropriate stakeholders and implements practices and procedures that enhance and improve campus operations.
5. Fosters positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
6. Reviews, amends, denies or approves financial requests/documents including purchasing requisitions, vouchers, payroll authorizations, expense reports, leases, memorandums of agreements and contracts for all operating, capital and restricted funds.
7. Coordinates the preparation of the capital, operating, student life and restricted fund budgets for the campus to support all strategic and operational initiatives. Prepares monthly financial projections and appropriate analysis to share with council. Implements and administers approved budgets.
8. Implements and educates staff on safety and security initiatives locally and college wide.
9. Mitigates and reports accidents/events.
10. Serves as a member of various committees as required.
11. Maintains a clean, comfortable, safe and secure campus environment for students, faculty and staff through the oversight of physical plant operations and campus security.
12. Identifies, maintains and safeguards capital furniture and equipment through the campus asset master file.
13. Administers and advises staff regarding two collective bargaining agreements and college policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations.
14. Supervises cash transactions including collection, safeguarding, depositing, accounting and developing control procedures.
15. Reacts to physical plant issues in a quick and responsible fashion.
16. Communicates with the campus and/or College community about issues that affect the daily functioning such as building projects, software implementation, closings, security issues and special events.
17. Oversees campus personnel recordkeeping procedures to ensure compliance with College policy, collective bargaining procedures and external regulatory agencies.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Business Office
Job Open Date: 04-03-2017
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.