Controller (Reg FT)
Controller (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Coordinates College fiscal control and accounting operations which include Accounting, Financial Analysis and Reporting, Payroll, Accounts Receivable and Payable, Treasury Management, Fixed Assets Recordkeeping, Audit Coordination and Contracts and Grants Accounting.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than May 26, 2017. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. Please provide professional references when completing the reference section of the application.
Campus: Office of College Services
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Requires a master's degree in business administration or a related field and/or CPA; a minimum of eight years financial management experience required. Experience in higher education financial management preferred. Awareness of internal controls and ability to detect fraud. Good interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor. Demonstrated leadership skills and excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to travel as requested by the Vice President of Finance required.
1. Directs College accounting practices and policies in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and applicable laws and regulations. Proposes update to College policies and procedures as conditions warrant.
2. Secures annual certification of financial results of operation by independent auditors; serves as principal contact and provides assistance to auditing firms.
3. Reviews the interim financial statements as prepared by the Director of Accounting for accuracy, reasonableness, and coordination with the annual operating and capital budgets of the College.
4. Maintains knowledge of the College's operating and capital budgeting processes and systems to ensure full redundancy of the Senior Accountant (Operating Budget) and Budget Coordinator/Analyst (Capital Budget) positions.
5. Serves as contact and liaison with banking institutions to ensure the College receives appropriate banking services at minimum cost while maximizing return of earnings on investment as permitted under the College's investment policy and is responsible for prudent treasury and cash flow management for the College.
6. Maintains and increases knowledge of college and university accounting and financial reporting.
7. Acts as liaison to the Pennsylvania Department of Education to assure maximization of state operating and capital funding.
8. Conducts efficient and timely ongoing reviews of College financial business operations for verification of adherence to governmental regulations, procedures and reporting requirements as well as College policies, rules, and regulations.
9. Performs ongoing financial analyses of all accounting records and directs the implementation of new or improved automated accounting systems.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
Job Open Date: 05-05-2017
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.