Accounting Clerk (Temporary) - University Services
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Accounting Clerk assists with accounting services for the Department of University Services.
- High School Diploma.
- Two years of college.
- One to two years of accounting and cashiering experience.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Assist with cash deposits and posting accurate deposit information to PeopleSoft general ledger.
- Assist with proper and timely payment to all University Services departments from various 3rd party payment processors and accurate posting to the PeopleSoft general ledger.
- Assist with the enforcement of cash handling policies and procedures according to established departmental and university policies.
- Assists with cash handling training for all University Services departments according to established policies and procedures.
- Assists with cash audits and cash logs for all University Services venues.
- Assist with posting interdepartmental billing for University Services in PeopleSoft general ledger.
- Audits University Services' revenues to ensure proper posting to the general ledger.
- Works in conjunction with the Business Services team in order to maintain proper financial bookkeeping of all University Services departments.
- Assists in the timely processing of invoices and payments to all University Service's suppliers using PeopleSoft system.
- Assists with maintaining petty cash, cash drawer and change reserve supplies and reporting as needed.
- Assists in reconciling vendor statements on a regular basis.
- Assists with maintaining both physical and electronic files of financial information (invoices, deposit paperwork, department billing, etc.).
- Assists with documentation and reporting of sales tax related for all related University Services departments.
- Prepares financial reports for University Services team as needed.
- Maintains compliance with APU mission, vision, positional statements and other policies and procedures.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Able to communicate effectively with faculty, staff and students
- Able to perform detailed accounting and cashiering functions.
- Skilled in the operation of office machines (e.g. fax, calculator, cash registers, and computers).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage details and follow through.
- Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Service oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiples tasks and meet deadlines.
- Able to keep information confidential.
- Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations.
- Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs multiple times in a work day.
- Reading for long periods of time on computer monitor.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.