Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, this position is responsible for the installation, testing, maintenance, documentation and provision of technical support for university wide systems software, as well as modifying existing and creating new systems software for specific needs. Assists with software product planning, evaluation, and testing. Assists in planning hardware changes and provides technical assistance to a variety of users across campus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors assigned computer systems on a daily basis to ensure security, performance, and availability.
- Maintains continuous system availability, system security procedures and access to user accounts.
- Installs, configures tests, maintains and documents systems software including operating systems, compilers, utility programs, email systems, web-based systems, database management systems, etc.
- Manage servers, including e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems
- Develop, implement, and maintain the policies and procedures for network resource administration and disaster recovery
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services
- Modifies existing and/or creates new software for specific needs. Maintains an accurate log of changes made to the system.
- Assists in the planning and installation of new hardware and software systems.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of software system changes and upgrades.
- Performs software product evaluation, including installation, testing, reporting, and technical support to the campus community.
- Develops and maintains appropriate systems data backup and disaster recovery procedures to ensure integrity of computer system data. Maintains file system integrity using system management software tools.
- Provides technical support to peers on the use of systems and application software.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or closely related field; equivalent training and experience may be considered
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems.
- Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows and Mac OS X Operating Systems.
- Two (2) years' experience in a multi-vendor, multi-platform environment.
- Knowledge of PC/Mac hardware and software applications.
- Knowledge of Java, and/or C++ languages, Email systems, Listserv, Oracle, Web servers, Revision Control Systems, Security Systems, Statistical Systems, TCP/IP networking.
- Understanding of common network protocols and operating systems along with their relevant security issues
- Possess real-world operational and implementation expertise to deliver integrated security solutions
- Ability to effectively adopt and integrate new networking and security technologies
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional relationship with faculty, staff and students, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to think logically, resolve problems, identify tasks, and develop project plans.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and requests based on the organizational goals and objectives of the university.
- Interpersonal skills, problem-solving, and decision making skills.
- Experience managing projects
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to provide input in a team environment.
- Industry certifications for network professionals a plus (CCNP, CCNA, CWNA, etc.)
- Higher education institution IT experience
- Experience in technical writing and strategic planning.
- Occasional travel
- Evening/night/weekend work on occasion; sometimes with little advance notice
- Climate controlled environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and handle other physical demands (working on a ladder, moving equipment, using power tools etc.)
- Requires talking, hearing, seeing continuously and fine hand manipulation, walking, standing, kneeling, stooping, bending, grasping, pulling and climbing frequently.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.