Director of Digital Media
Director of Digital Media (Communications Marketing Director)
Job ID: 16177
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience
Closing Date: July 17, 2017
Reporting directly to the Vice President for Communications & Public Affairs, with considerable latitude for independent initiative and judgment, the Director of Digital Media leads the design and functionality of The Graduate Center’s (GC) digital platforms. This includes oversight of the website, SEM/SEO, digital signage, social media content delivery and overall digital branding to engage the GC community and attract prospective students.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Directs, plans, coordinates, organizes and manages the Digital Media team, which includes graphic designers, web design and content specialists, social media staff and digital signage designers/managers, to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of customer service and Communications and Marketing support to GC students, faculty, staff and external clients.
- Responsible for a portion of the GC web content management activities.
- Engages in professional development activities; anticipates the future needs of Communications and Marketing, as well as The Graduate Center, in promoting and ensuring that staff are remaining current in their field and are well-equipped to provide excellent service.
- Develops strategies and tactics to grow and analyze website, mobile and social media metrics.
- Manages the development, implementation and budget for all digital media projects, in collaboration with project stakeholders.
- Guides paid media analytics development and insights to improve visitor conversion.
- Manages on-site digital signage with support of graphic design (template updates and custom designs) and various departments.
- Ensures consistency and effectiveness of digital design initiatives.
- Oversees periodic evaluation and analysis of existing systems to meet the needs of Communications and Marketing; develops proposals and recommendations as appropriate.
- Serves as a liaison between Communications and Marketing and end-users to ensure that services are being provided effectively and efficiently and that needs are being met.
- Participates in strategic planning activities, monitors and reports on progress toward goals and objectives and applies relevant approaches from best-practice frameworks.
- Provides technical expertise and expert opinions for the content domain; participates in senior-level technical discussions and decision-making; serves on committees and task forces.
- Remains familiar with applicable policies and procedures; identifies the need for new or revised procedures and participates in creating these; enforces all applicable policies and procedures; assures adherence to standards.
CUNY Title Overview:
- Develops, implements, and oversees College-wide marketing plans to achieve institutional goals.
- Designs and executes a comprehensive strategic plan for marketing, advertising and communications
- Develops overall advertising and media strategies to achieve image, awareness, enrollment, recruiting, and/or fundraising goals
- Provide professional and managerial oversight of a broad range of marketing programs and tools, including digital, print, mail, broadcast, social networking, and other media
- Manages and develops internal staff and external resources
- Develops and analyzes key metrics of marketing effectiveness, as well as budgets and costs related to marketing programs and campaigns
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
A preferred candidate should have:
- 8 to10 years of full-time work experience in web strategy and digital communications within a large decentralized higher education institution or system or non-profit institution
- Previous leadership of a digital communications team
- Significant experience with a CMS with preference for experience with Kentico
- Experiencing establishing and evaluating performance metrics
- Experience creating project management plans and leading and executing these plans; experience with Redmine
- Digital marketing experience
How to Apply:
1. Please apply using the link below:
Click on "Apply Now" which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you must register to apply. If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply. Make sure to upload a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information) by the closing date. Please upload all documents in Word or PDF format.
2. Go to http://cuny.jobs/ and search for Job ID 16177.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.