Termite Control Technician
Compensation may vary based on experience.
Performs exclusion services and animal removal at customer locations according to company policy and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Applies company standards in servicing customer locations. Responds to customer inquiries; solicits new business; and adheres to required safety regulations.
1. Performs exclusion services and animal removal at customer locations according to company policy and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
2. Sets up and builds exclusion traps, cuts flashing and forms hardware cloth to specifications.
3. Works in a safety harness from roof tops as needed in the performance of exclusion services and wildlife removal.
4. Removes animals trapped in exclusion devices according to company policy and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
5. Drives company vehicle to customer locations. Maintains safe driving record.
6. Maintains service equipment and vehicle in clean and proper operating condition.
7. Responds to phone and in-person service call requests on a timely basis.
8. Contacts customer to confirm scheduled services.
9. Assists in current and/or potential company sales through contact on work related project.
10. Trains and coaches other associates.
11. Maintains knowledge of federal, state and local regulations regarding exclusion and removal work.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Three to six months related exclusion experience and/or training including ladder and/or roof and harness work.
• Six months experience utilizing basic hand tools, small power tools, & related equipment.
• Licensing and certification as required by federal, state, and local law.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Mechanical and carpentry skills
• Ability to add, to subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Maintain a valid driver's license.
• Ability to read, to comprehend, and execute safety procedures and instruction labels.
• Ability to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
Terminix, a division of the ServiceMaster Company, is the nation's largest pest control provider. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., Terminix services more than 2 million customers in 46 states and 14 countries. Terminix provides pest control services and protection against termites, rodents and other pests threatening human health and/or safety.
San Jose, CA
Sun, 9 Jul 2017 06:22:29 PDT