Project Manager -- Creative (mid-level)
Job Opportunity: 10/2016 v.1.00
Project Manager (mid-level) Portland, OR
The Display Shop is a boutique retail agency comprised of creative thinkers. Our passion is telling brand stories through structure, imagery and experiences. We are a full service agency, catering primarily to high-end retail clients. We design, engineer and fabricate a variety of displays, graphics and fixtures both in-house and in collaboration with our many partners around the country. We then execute the installation of these and many other projects with the network of installers we have stationed across the United States and Canada. TDS is committed to delivering consumer experiences that produce the strongest possible connection with our client's customers. We are currently seeking a mid-level Project Manager to join our growing creative team. Ideally we are looking for someone who has grounding in design and production - from print to retail furniture, fixtures and environments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates and managers calendars / timelines of assigned projects from request through delivery, ensuring that client needs are met on time and within budget.
- Effectively manages individual projects and communicates timing and status to sales, design, production and outside vendors.
- Prepare estimates, quotes and purchase orders for projects.
- Attends project kick-off meetings.
- May require some travel between NYC office and CT production facility.
- Manages creative production with vendors which could include:
- Delivering Artwork to Vendors.
- Ensuring accurate production standards, specification and sizing.
- Providing accurate shipping and timing information.
- Communicates with surveyors and installers with regard to project schedule, installations, prepares installation instructions as needed, liaise with field teams to ensure timely and proper completion of projects.
- Identifies and recommends ways to improve and streamline processes.
- Closeout of jobs with accounting department when project completes.
Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Experience managing projects in a creative environment.
- Ability to manage assets - from print to props.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to take charge, improvise, problem solve and be responsive to changing conditions.
- Experience managing a variety of stakeholders, including sales, designers and vendors - while maintaining a positive disposition.
- Project Management - ability to juggle multiple projects with ability to keep project on strategy and moving forward.
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience working in a production environment - retail, experiential, exhibit, theatrical.
- Project management - 3-5 years experience.
Salary commensurate with the education level completed, professional experience, and demonstrated knowledge.
The Display Shop is a boutique retail creative agency. Our passion is telling brand stories through structure, imagery and experiences. From planning to execution, on time and in budget, TDS is committed to delivering displays and experiences that produce the strongest possible connection with your potential customers. Headquartered in the heart of New York City's Fashion District, we thrive on visual design.
Sun, 9 Jul 2017 09:51:10 PDT