Executive Assistant to President
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the President of the Association that includes planning and managing Board meetings, as well as providing support to the Board chair. The ideal candidate will have ten or more years’ experience in a similar role within higher ed and/or membership associations; be able to interact effectively and professionally with high level contacts; work independently on a variety of tasks/projects; have strong written, oral, analytical, and interpersonal skills, exceptional organizational skills and be able to work effectively under pressure in a fast paced environment. The Executive Assistant must be proficient with MS Office suite of applications and electronic board books.
If you are interested and would like to apply please read the detailed job description below and email a cover letter that includes your salary requirements along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Only applicants whose experience most closely matches the position requirements will be contacted.
The Association of Governing Boards of Universities & Colleges (AGB) offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
Responsibilities of the Executive Assistant:
- Consult with the president regularly on priorities and maintain confidentiality of conversations and materials.
- Maintain appointment calendar while prioritizing and accommodate changing priorities.
- Coordinate travel and meeting registrations for the president.
- Create travel folders for each trip, working with vice president for membership or director of resource development to coordinate meetings with potential prospects for the president.
- Reconcile expense reports and corporate credit card statements for the president, using appropriate charge back codes.
- Screen incoming telephone calls and mail for the president and take action when appropriate.
- Prepare written communication and maintain files—paper and electronic—for the president, including correspondence, memoranda, proposals, mailings, etc.
- Maintain a running list of the president’s meetings, seminars, annual meetings, etc. to use at end of the fiscal year to create metrics.
- Maintain mailing and contact lists.
- Work with president and leadership team to plan a dinner for distinguished guests during the National Conference on Trusteeship.
- Staff liaison between president and new AGB subsidiaries, including working with new staff members so they are prepared for their subsidiary’s board meeting.
- Provide administrative support to the Board chair, and board members, that includes scheduling and travel arrangements
- Plan, manage, and provide support for board meetings.
- Work with the appropriate staff to prepare agendas, materials, program, and logistics for board and committee meetings.
- Coordinate and prepare materials for New Director Orientation.
- Work with members of the leadership team to schedule calls with committee chairs to prepare for committee meetings.
- Upload meeting materials into electronic board book.
- Prepare minutes for all board and executive committee meetings and secure board secretary acceptance of the minutes.
- Work with Director of Conferences on logistics for board meetings and retreats.
- Maintain up-to-date profile of board members.
- Maintain board and AGB policy files.
- Ensure board members receive new publications.
- Research/provide meeting dates for two-year periods, as needed.
- Distribute Conflict of Interest Statement annually and collect required signatures.
- Distribute AGB Statement of Director Responsibilities annually and collect required signatures.
- Assist board members with all aspects of attendance at the Association's annual conference, including registration, hotel reservations, and creation of individual itineraries.
- Ten years’ experience working in a support position at the executive level, preferably in the higher ed and/or Association environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain flexible approach to changing priorities and methods.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent MS Office skills, electronic board books.
- Availability for limited travel.