PT Instructor Medical Coding
Department Name Healthcare Solutions
Campus or Location Unified Technologies Center
Vacancy Number PT095-16
Reports To Director
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Part-Time Faculty
Position Type Part-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 1
Job Description Summary
Instructor, AAPC Medical Coding Curriculum, part-time evenings and/or weekends to teach certificate program in medical coding to prepare students to pass the CPC examination.
• Present facilitative, well prepared, organized, and clear lectures and classroom activities consistent with the course syllabus (AAPC curriculum, medical terminology, anatomy & physiology, advanced medical coding, HCPCS coding, ICD-10 coding) and school policies.
• Continually promote students' development and effective use of skills in areas such as critical and analytical thinking, evaluation, communication, professionalism, customer service, computation, problem solving, and decision-making.
• Provide the student with timely information and feedback on his/her academic progress relative to quizzes, tests, homework and projects.
• Maintain accurate, up-to-date records of student academic and attendance performance.
• Possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of all school policies, and actively participate in their implementation and enforcement.
• Follow all retention policies of the school to ensure students are in attendance.
• Medical Billing and Coding Instructor Diploma awarded by an accredited institution
• 3 years experience as a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist in the field
• 3 years of teaching or related field experience
• Must be proficient with the use of computers to enter grades and attendance electronically
• Must be able to develop and maintain excellent relationships with a diverse staff and student population
• Ability to manage key metrics
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Consistently demonstrate the highest levels of integrity
Hours will vary between day and evening depending on business units needs
Posting Open Date 09/17/2015
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae