Program Assistant (Grant Funded) - Staff Pool
This position is responsible for facilitating the processes and operations of the assigned program or area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as point of contact for the assigned program/area;
- Provide program information and assistance to potential and current students, college staff, campus managers, site staff and the general public via telephone, emails and in person;
- Maintain internal department documents and files; maintain confidentiality of verbal and written students and staff information records;
- Process and maintain program records including timely and accurate data entry of personal student information, attendance, assessment scores and other required information;
- Pre-register program and/or in-service participants, as well as assist with registration at in-services and large professional development events;
- Assist with student recruitment through attendance at community outreach events;
- Prepare and disseminate student registration/orientation publications as appropriate;
- Assist with student registration/orientation and/or professional development sessions including securing room reservations, materials preparation, PeopleSoft registration and other related activities;
- Compile data from a variety of sources and design, and produce reports as needed;
- Assist instructors with support duties including making copies, student attendance follow-up, preparing student sign in/out logs and administering student's assessment;
- Maintain various department records, inventory of supplies; and
- Assist with end of semester class close-out.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Two (2) or more years of progressive secretarial experience required. Experience in higher education preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Good oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently; and
- Must be willing to work evenings and Saturdays as needed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.