General Manager Openings for National Pizza Franchise
Come grow wiith us! Four General Manager openings. The General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of a franchise location, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. The General Manager reports to the Area Manager and will supervise Shift Managers and have oversight for the location's part -time team members.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Food safety and planning
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Estimate food and beverage costs. Work with Corporate office staff for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Estimate food needs, place orders with distributors, and schedule the delivery of fresh food and supplies.
- Will uphold all food safety guidelines.
- Serve as a role model for customer service behavior by interacting with customers and clients to collect feedback and identify successes and opportunities.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Monitor store appearance and ensure problems are quickly resolved.
- Prepare, communicate and educate store teams on changes of policies, practices or standards.
- Responsible for promoting clean and safe working environments including strict adherence to all safety and health department standards.
- Recruit, interview and hire qualified team members and manager teams.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Conduct orientation and oversee the training of new employees.
- Develop employees by first training and then providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs.
- Accurately design work 24/7 schedules to ensure production and service needs are met while controlling labor.
- Recognize and reinforce individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and programs as well as finding new, creative, and impactful methods of recognition
- College degree is preferred. Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
- Three or more years in a food services environment with at least one or more years of management experience supervising part-time food services teams
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, record-keeping, and preparation of reports.
- Ability to determine applicability of experience and qualifications of job applicants.
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
- Solid knowledge of financial management.
- Innovative and able to bring new ideas to the business.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
- Experience confronting performance issues as well as giving rewards and recognition.
- Good understanding of State Health, OSHA, EEOC regulations, FLSA, federal and state employment laws.
- Keeps General Manager promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Salary based upon experience. Total compensation will include weekly bonuses. This position is overtime eligible.
Growing franchisee in the Austin area.
Sat, 8 Jul 2017 08:22:14 PDT