We are looking for a CNC GibbsCam Programmer to join our team.
Summary of Position:
Analyze methods, drawings, blueprints, specifications, and design data to create and optimize CNC programs. Define and develop fixtures, tooling and support documents necessary to machine components per the requirements of the engineering drawings, specifications and/or methods.
A CNC Programmer is empowered to make decisions regarding:
- Defining the order of part processing, cutting path, tools, fixtures, and tooling deemed necessary to produce product in accordance with drawings or specifications
- Stopping production processes if necessary for reasons of instruction, quality, safety, or possible equipment damage.
A CNC Programmer shall bear responsibility for the following areas:
- Creation and optimization of CNC programs to manufacture complex parts on 2 to 5axis machining centers and lathes
- Develop work-holding and select cutting tools
- Create and compile necessary documents to aid in machine setup
- Collaborate with Engineering, Production, Quality, Purchasing, and Scheduling to ensure a smooth flow of quality products through the factory
- Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others while ensuring the safe operation of machines to prevent damage to equipment or actions that could compromise the safety of others.
- Eliminating waste and delivering a quality product on-time.
- Work to deadlines
- Determine the sequence of machine operations, and select the proper cutting tools necessary to machine components per the requirements of the engineering drawings and/or methods
- Revise programs to eliminate errors, and retest programs to verify that problems have been solved.
- Analyze methods, drawings, blueprints, specifications and design data to calculate dimensions, tool selection, machine speeds, and feed rates.
- Determine reference points, machine cutting paths and compute angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures.
- Observe machines on trial runs or conduct computer simulations to ensure that programs and machinery will function properly and produce items that consistently meet specifications.
- Generate programs in the language of a machine's controller and maintain configuration control and storage of CNC programs and support documents.
- Modify existing programs to enhance efficiency.
- Support and provide assistance, as required, for various special projects
- Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, tools, fixtures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
- Quality of programs, processes, fixtures and tool selection. Attention to detail. Detailed and complete instructions and support documents
- Ensuring consistency in part quality and precision in accordance with specifications
- On-time delivery of programs and support documents
- Effective time management
- Provide support to achieve Astro performance metrics including safety, quality, delivery and cost
- Communication skills. Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Teamwork. The ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and customers. Displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude. Maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Initiative. Ability to act effectively with minimal supervision. Depending on oneself to get things done on time.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems. The ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems
Minimum Position Requirements:
- 5 or more years' experience as a machinist in a precision machining environment
- Ability to read and understand complicated designs and drawings.
- Able to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry and trigonometry
- Advanced knowledge and application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) standards.
- Knowledge of CNC program codes (G-codes, M-codes, etc.)
- Working knowledge of / experience with computer based modeling / programming required
- GibbsCAM CAD/CAM programming software experience preferred
- Requires the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Quality orientated and attention to detail
- Problem analysis and problem resolution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form along with ability to read and understand complicated designs and drawings.
Astro Manufacturing & Design is a full service custom manufacturer offering comprehensive manufacturing services for businesses in the medical, commercial and military aerospace, automotive and other industrial and technology related industries.
We offer our employees a Family-Oriented, Dynamic Work Environment, Growth Potential, Education Assistance, and a Competitive Compensation and Benefits Program that includes: Health Care Plans, Dental Plan, 401-K with Company Match, Paid Time Off and more!
JOIN OUR TEAM OF TALENTED EMPLOYEES!
Astro Manufacturing & Design is a full service custom manufacturer offering comprehensive manufacturing services for businesses in the medical, commercial and military aerospace, automotive and other industrial and technology related industries. www.astromfg.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer/AA
Astro Mfg & Design and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran, status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status.
Sat, 8 Jul 2017 12:50:46 PDT