Field Service Technician - Calibration
The primary function of the Heat Treating Services Unlimited, Inc. Field Service Technician is to provide factory floor calibration, testing, troubleshooting and repair services for a variety of process control systems used in the manufacturing marketplace.
It is the Field Service Technician's responsibility to insure that these calibrations and testing services (such as Temperature Uniformity Studies and System Accuracy Testing) are provided in strict accordance with various governing standards such as AMS2750, BAC5621, CQI-9, NFPA-86 or ISO/IEC 17025.
These services are essential to our Customer base and their ability to maintain accreditation to such programs as Nadcap (aerospace) or TS-16949 (automotive).
In addition, the Field Service Technician shall be responsible for analyzing all calibration and/or test data results and the developing and implementation of scientifically sound action plans to correct any undesirable situations.
These duties are typically performed during the day, Monday through Friday throughout the Midwest with travel required up to 50% of the time.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Health, Vision and Dental care are provided as are life insurance, short term disability, company vehicle, vacation time, sick time/personal time and 401k retirement program.
- Perform factory floor calibrations
- Conduct pyrometry testing services (TUS, SATs, etc.)
- Troubleshoot process control, furnace, or burner systems
- Repair process control systems
- Analyze all data, develop and implement action plans
- Have an understanding of relevant quality standards/assessments (AMS2750, CQI-9, BAC5621, etc.)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently w/minimal supervision.
- Effective time management, organizational, and customer service abilities
- Must have good electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Must have basic computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office a plus.
- 2+ years' experience with calibrations and temperature uniformity surveys for thermal processing equipment, Preferred
- Have the ability to work with basic hand tools
- Knowledge in the use of test equipment such as meters/calibrators Preferred
- Dependable and reliable.
Heat Treating Services Unlimited, Inc. (HTSU) is a service company that provides maintenance, calibration, repair and testing services for process control systems and equipment within the thermal processing industry. HTSU is proud to be doing business with some of the top End Users and Manufacturers within the industry. Beginning in 1998, HTSU has maintained 97% of our initial customers as well as continued to expand our customer list throughout the world. HTSU maintains accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 in the field of Calibration and Temperature Uniformity Surveys through the Laboratory Accreditation Bureau (LAB), for our In-house Laboratory and On-Site Services. HTSU operates a full crew of Refractory Specialist to rebuild/repair furnaces. With Customers in United States, Canada, Mexico and Germany, we pride ourselves on providing a level of service that is second to none.
Greenville, SC Detroit, MI Wichita, KS Asheville, NC Venice, FL
Sat, 8 Jul 2017 08:19:10 PDT