Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
UltraShipTMS, a third party logistics provider, has grown to become one of the strongest players in today's competitive supply chain market. For 16 years, we have been providing premier services to Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 clients in a variety of industries including manufacturing, food and beverages and retail to name a few. Our portfolio includes third party transportation, network design & planning, and supply chain technology offerings.
We are currently looking for qualified and ambitious individuals to become part of a growing Information Technology team based in our Northern NJ headquarters. We offer rewarding opportunities for self-motivated individuals who are looking for career growth and a daily sense of accomplishment.
UltraShipTMS is seeking a full-time Senior Software Engineer to join our development team in Northern NJ. The position requires expertise with principles of OOP, a strong background with web technologies and strong development skills. Collaborate with other senior engineers on staff to design scalable, robust, SaaS transportation software. Work with business process owners to understand business requirements. Develop technical requirements and manage developers to ensure successful project execution.
- Modeling and implementing multi-tiered applications, applying background and understanding of web and database programming, including multi-tiered application architecture and development for advanced web technologies.
- Create and maintain high quality architecture and design documents including feature specifications, design specifications, flow diagrams, site maps, and process diagrams
- Collaborate on software roadmap
- Interface with customer and internal teams to gather requirements and develop software solutions
- Develop technical design requirements & estimates
- See design requirements from concept through to completion (develop, document, test, deploy, and debug)
- Review junior developers code & act as a mentor
- Participate in all types of testing; conduct unit tests, stress tests, and tune performance
Desire to take initiative & be a self-starter is a plus. This is an excellent opportunity for a mid/senior level programmer to work on exciting projects.
- Advanced software engineering concepts (design patterns, SDLC, OO, UML modeling)
- Expertise with Object Oriented Design Principles & MVC concepts
- Expertise with relational database design and database interaction approaches
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills; is able to explain technical topics in simple terms.
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation and solid unit testing
- Able to work on your own, as part of a team or as a team leader, depending on the project
- Experience working on robust, multi-tiered, accurate and scalable architectures
- Experience with large databases and commercial web sites
Our team enjoys a professional, modern, pleasant office environment and is supplied with the tools they need to succeed. We offer competitive compensation with excellent medical, vision, dental benefits, life insurance, 401k and long-term disability.
US Citizens or Permanent Residents. No sponsorship.
No relocation is offered at this time.
Local candidates preferred.
Apply Online: http://jobs.ultrashiptms.com/careerstms/software_engineer
UltraShipTMS is one of the fastest growing providers of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) delivered via the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model in the US today.
For the last 15 years we have been offering award winning software-as-a-service solutions to leading shippers in food production, packaging, retail and other industries.
Our team enjoys a supportive, high-energy, team environment and is supplied with the tools they need to succeed, grow and develop.
Fair Lawn, NJ
Sat, 8 Jul 2017 11:02:03 PDT