Quality Assurance Engineer
The primary responsibility of a Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) is to ensure all solutions perform in accordance with specified scope, design, and implementation. Additionally the QAE ensures that each unique implementation is simple and intuitive for end users. Intuitive solutions require limited training and support for end users. The reviews completed by QAEs allow our organization to have confidence in what we are producing for our clients and assists in building trust from our clients in the professionalism and completeness of our work.
The QAE will work closely with Project Managers, Implementation Engineers, DBAs, as well as the Product Management team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Schedule, coordinate and fulfill quality assurance tasks as assigned by Project Managers so as to allow the Service Delivery team to maintain project schedule and keep client-facing commitments.
- Extensively review and thoroughly test developed solutions. This testing would include, but is not limited to:
- Use case creation and/or validation
- Defect detection
- Spelling and grammar issues
- Feedback on design and usability best practices
- Utilize basic knowledge of SQL and the ClientTrack Data Management Tools to perform "SQL review" and/or "design reviews" to identify potential issues
- Provide detailed feedback to Implementation Engineers on detected issues and work with them toward satisfactory and timely issue resolution.
- Utilize the ClientTrack issues system to submit issues, coordinate resolution, and report on overall solution quality.
- Work in a similar manner with the Product Management team to verify the quality of baseline developed solutions.
- Provide feedback regarding issue trends to alert the Service Delivery Director of potential training needs.
- Become familiar with the Eccovia Solution's Designers and Engines
- Contribute articles to the Eccovia Solutions's wiki to improve overall solution quality
- Research QA best practices and provide process improvement suggestions
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by Eccovia Solutions.
Metrics & Accountability
- QAEs are measured on their ability to achieve success in:
- On-time fulfillment of quality assurance tasks to meet project commitments
- Reducing/eliminating defect-level issues reported by clients
- His/her ability to reduce defects through disciplined education / feedback to the service delivery team
- QAEs are expected to
- Attain expertise on the ClientTrack Data Management Tools and reporting approaches
- Provide feedback to the Eccovia Software Development team that improves the overall quality of individual software solutions
Education and Work Experience
- Completed bachelor's degree in software related discipline
- At least two (2) years of experience in software development related industry
- 5+ years of experience with SQL
- Proven experience with data migration
Specialized Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Strong personal planning and organizational skills
- Process and detail-oriented
- Proficient communication (written and oral) skills
- Able to communicate with and work effectively with technical resources
- Strong understanding of structured databases and query languages (SQL)
- Familiarity with XML and CSV as interchange formats
Suggested Special Skills
- Past experience/certification in a quality assurance related position is a plus
- Must work onsite
We are an EEO/AA Employer.
Women, minorities and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Send us your resume at https://eccoviasolutions.com/company/careers/
Eccovia Solutions, Inc., is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Eccovia Solutions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the Federal and/or State laws or regulations. Eccovia Solutions will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Eccovia Solutions is uniquely positioned to support community based, Accountable Care Organizations and their community partners. Each solution is designed for the needs of the varied sectors we serve. With an in depth knowledge of the complex requirements for Health and Human Services, we have been able to bridge the gap between state and local government agencies and community-based social service organizations to provide care coordination. Our ClientTrack Case Management platform enables ACOs and other HHS organizations to incorporate the social determinants of health into healthcare decisions. Our clients, with their innovation and strong desire to deliver successful health outcomes, are the key.
Salt Lake City, UT
Sat, 8 Jul 2017 09:51:13 PDT