General Job Description:
The product developer is responsible for leading development activities associated with new and existing products as well as advanced new method development. The product developer must be able to solve technical problems associated with Hanwha Azdel products and laboratory test methodologies. The product developer must exhibit high energy, act as a goal-focused individual who is proactive in problem solving and must demonstrate the leadership and communication skills needed to help a diversified global business achieve its goals. The product developer will work with Hanwha Azdel's customers, product/process developers, laboratory technicians, as well as the manufacturing, quality, and commercial teams. This position requires an advanced degree in a field related to polymer/material science/engineering, chemical engineering, or mechanical engineering. The product developer will be expected to make reasonable progress along the technical career path.
The key deliverables related to the position include but are not limited to the following:
1) Support world-class safety and housekeeping policies and practices
- Operate in a safe, clean, and productive manner.
- Support projects to enhance the safety of Lynchburg operations when asked.
- Promote all aspects of the Hanwha Azdel Environmental, Health and Safety guidelines.
2) Drive projects to deliver growth to the Hanwha Azdel business
- Drive New Technology Introductions, New Product Introductions, Product Management of Change, and new test method development to support the growth of Hanwha Azdel.
- Work with marketing, commercial, manufacturing, quality, and technology teams to ensure success of projects.
- Identify and implement innovative new product and manufacturing technologies for break-through product performance in order to build the pipeline for future growth.
- Optimize existing product technologies for improved product performance.
- Lead projects using statistical design of experiments to deliver Six Sigma performance. Extend rigor to take new products from the laboratory to the manufacturing floor, ensuring consistent manufacturing performance of the products.
3) Support / drive key efforts in areas of capacity, quality, yield, and customer support.
- Drive Product Management of Change projects to support the operational excellence of Hanwha Azdel.
- Work with manufacturing, quality, and technology team to ensure success of projects.
- Optimize existing process and product technologies for improved operations performance.
4) Document and communicate key learning, identify and pursue patent opportunities, contribute new ideas for consideration.
- Document and communicate most important project learning in technical reports.
- Identify & pursue patentable ideas via patent disclosures.
- Prepare patent applications.
- Submit new ideas for consideration.
5) Utilize six sigma tool kit, NPD process, and support business initiatives.
- Utilize statistical methods to drive key decisions.
- Support / follow business processes
- Ensure compliance to performance management system
- Support upgrade of facilities / infrastructure
- Support business initiatives
6) Make reasonable progress along technical career path.
Minimum Qualifications or Requirements:
- MS minimum (with at least 5 years experience)
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Long fiber composite development and processing
- Thermoplastic polymer processing and analysis
- Relevant industrial experience
- Experience interacting with cross-functional teams
- DOE training
- Experience emphasizing processing and mechanical testing of polymers rather than polymer synthesis/chemistry
Experience in the automotive
Hanwha Azdel, Inc. manufactures high performance thermoplastic composites designed for both interior and exterior applications across many different industries, major segments served include automotive, heavy truck, recreational vehicles, industrial, and other transportation applications
Sat, 8 Jul 2017 05:22:20 PDT