Communications Specialist III-Recruitment Marketing
Communications Specialist III-Recruitment Marketing
Communications Specialist III
Univ Relations Com & Mktng-Gen - 180000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
As the chief communications organization for the University of North Texas, the University Relations, Communication and Marketing department (URCM) collaborates with internal and external partners to:
* Advance and protect UNT's institutional identity and reputation.
* Reinforce and grow UNT's brand in graphics, images and words.
* Increase UNT's visibility in public and in the higher education marketplace.
* Support UNT's student recruitment, retention and graduation goals.
* Strengthen UNT's relevance and value to key audiences, including alumni, donors, faculty and staff members, and encourage community engagement.
The University Relations Communication & Marketing Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Communications Specialist III to join our team.
This is professional work requiring development of recruitment marketing plans and strategy, application of marketing research, and creation of new marketing techniques and materials, both print and digital. Work involves planning, researching, writing, editing and oversight of student recruitment campaigns and communications, both print and electronic, to attract undergraduate and graduate students.
Work also involves aligning UNT's strategic messaging in all materials; and working collaboratively with URCM leadership, admissions, and others in a team environment. This position is knowledgeable about marketing channels, the university and current recruitment trends. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Consult and coordinate with URCM teams and those across campus to develop well-thought out student recruitment marketing communication plans that effectively use UNT resources to communicate key messages to internal and external audiences identified by the Office of Enrollment Management.
* Assist Student Recruitment Marketing Manager in recommending strategies for mission critical marketing campaigns by creating complex communication flows for deployment within the enterprise level marketing automation system. Utilize audience behavior/segmentation data to build and refine targeted email communication flows and help define logic for automated campaigns.
* Assist in the development of strategies to monitor the success of marketing campaigns and materials using a variety of industry standard tools, including web analytic data, SEO keyword tools, and marketing automation reports; reviews results skillfully and recommends adjustments accordingly.
* Assist Student Recruitment Marketing Manager in monitoring the production efforts/timelines of the Recruitment Marketing unit and identifies efficiencies in coordination with URCM's Project Management Office.
* Constantly evaluates research materials (print and electronic) to ensure they serve the recruitment marketing needs of the university. Make recommendations as appropriate.
* Contribute to the continued evolution and application of best practices around creative executions, effective copy, calls to action, landing pages and template development.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Bachelor's Degree in related field and five years of experience in writing and/or editing publications; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to conceptualize, write and edit strategic, accurate and concise content for university audiences.
* Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, conduct multiple tasks and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to visually inspect print and online copy when self-editing or editing the copy of others including experience in creative editing and fact checking techniques.
* Develops cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group of people, often becomes the go to person in a group for information or connections to getting things done.
* Knowledge of how to contact sources and ability to conduct interviews and take accurate notes.
* Extensive knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation and Associated Press and Chicago Manual styles.
* Knowledge of writing guidelines for various media and ability to create unique copy for each format (print, online, broadcast).
* Understanding of institutional strategy (or ability to quickly assimilate) and ability to integrate the strategy into modes of communication.
* Ability to supervise and/or coordinate the work of others and responsible for the production of deadline driven high quality product.
* Knowledge of and ability to research industry best practices to assist the division, college or unit in aligning strategies for UNT publications (print and digital) with University strategy and guidelines and effectively edit and improve content for readers based on best practices.
* Ability to coordinate large projects with numerous components over extended periods of time.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Proven experience in print and email marketing strategies and best practices.
* Proven experience with managing cross-discipline production teams.
* Demonstrated experience in integrating data analytics to optimize print and digital communication.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, writing samples and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting