Snack Bar Lead-Float
Working Title Snack Bar Lead - Catering - Floating Schedule
Inspire Awesome with Eastern Washington University. We are currently seeking a highly skilled and team-oriented individual to join our University Catering Department as a Snack Bar Lead. Duties for this positions are under general direction from supervisor, employee may assume the lead role and provide general supervision of catered events. Employee will perform buffet and plated meal setups, arrangements and follow-up activities for events. This will include gathering supplies and equipment, maintaining inventories, food preparation, cleanup, and maintenance/storage of equipment. Orders, gathers, and coordinates delivery of food, catering staff, and supplies to satellite food service operations and/or events. This position requires the ability to walk or stand on their feet for up to 4 hours without a break and is often transporting food, equipment, lifting, loading, and unloading carts and vehicles. Employee may assist with hiring and scheduling staff. Assist in developing training modules and provide the training to student and part-time staff. Provide communication and coordination between all parties involved in catered event. Employee may also lead a satellite operation such as a concession stand or similar sized operation and have cash handling skills. Individual will also be required to participate directly in food production and preparation for events or an operation. Drives University vehicles as needed to preform duties.
Employees working floating work scheduled will have assigned daily hours that may vary during the workweek to meet operational needs.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sport tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course on university employment will be involved in the receipt or, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check for continued employment.
This is an agency position.
This position requires the ability to stand and/or walk for up to 4 hours without a break. Also, requires the ability transport food, equipment, lifting, loading, and unloading carts and vehicles. If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at email@example.com.Required Qualifications:
- Valid Washington Driver's License
- Valid Washington Food Handler's Permit
- Must be able to obtain Serve Safe
- Certification within 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to obtain a MAST Class 12 Permit within 6 months of hire.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of experience in food service work, including one year of lead experience, or equivalent education/experience.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Two or more years experience in catering or fine dining food service (FOH).
- Two years experience leading a team of 10-15 individuals or more.
- Two or more years experience in college and university food service
- AA in Culinary Arts or two years equivalent formal training in food service
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work at a rapid pace while maintaining attention to detail; ability to multi-task
- Must have good supervisory skills.
- Must have good communication and ability to promote sales.
- Must be skilled in time management.
- Must have teaching and motivational skills