Snack Bar Lead-Float
Working Title Snack Bar Lead - Floating Schedule
Inspire Awesome with Eastern Washington University. We are currently seeking a Snack Bar Lead, which is a production person similar to a sous chef. This position helps direct the operation of a campus restaurant. The individual will participate in all aspects of production and service of food, setup, maintenance, cleanliness and safety of kitchen and dining areas, and ensure good quality customer service. They will assist in training of new staff to Dining Services standards of excellence. They must ensure the opening and/or closing duties/checklists are completed in a timely fashion. This individual will report directly to a Dining Services supervisor and Lead Production Chef with reporting responsibilities to the Dining Services manager.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sport tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course on university employment will be involved in the receipt or, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check for continued employment.
This is an agency position.
This position requires the ability to stand and/or walk for up to 4 hours without a break. If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at email@example.com.Required Qualifications:
- Valid Washington Driver's License
- Valid Washington Food Handler's Permit
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years of experience in restaurant food service work, including one year of lead experience, or equivalent education/experience.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Culinary Arts Degree or related degree in food service field
- 2 years of college or university high volume food service experience
- 1 year of kitchen supervisory experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work at a rapid pace while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and accomplish goals
- Skilled in time management
- Must have good communication and supervisory skills.
- Must have good knife skills.