Collections Team Lead (Full-Time)
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To maintain company objectives and goals pertaining to delinquency. Collection and monitoring of consumer loan accounts five days past due until conclusion through up-to-date payment arrangements, repossession, extension, re-write, legal action or charge-off. Assist supervisor with training new employees, collection department projects, system testing.
- Assist supervisor with handling routine complaint calls or concerns.
- Assist supervisor training new employees through one on one coaching, phone monitoring.
- Oversee Collections Department in the absence of Director and Supervisor
- Collection of past due consumer accounts
- Process credit bureau disputes
- Request field calls, make phone calls
- Handle incoming calls and respond to all member's inquires in reference to their past due accounts. Perform account reconciliation, payment history and educate our member about their responsibilities on account and the importance of keeping the accounts always up-to-date
- Discover and analysis our member's reason for the delinquency, and offers up-to-date payment arrangements, or extension plans, or rewrites, or due date change to our members to help them keep the accounts current
- Refer members to Balance or Consumer Credit Counseling programs when needed.
- Perform skip tracing to locate member and /or our collateral
- Prepares and submit accounts for legal action or charge-off supervisor for approval
- Assign account for repossession and coordinate efforts with repossession agencies
- Responsible for all repossession processes i.e. Reinstatements and Remarketing
- Adhere to Fair Debt Collections Practice Act (FDCPA) and all other applicable laws
- We share a collaborative obligation to ensure that we conduct ourselves in the utmost ethical manner and that we hold each other accountable to the values and standards of the organization. Every Partner has the responsibility to ask questions, seek guidance, and report concerns and/or violations of company policy or ethical standards. Financial Partners has several processes in place to communicate with leadership and expects that partners will have a commitment to integrity and uncompromising values.
Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Financial Partners Credit Union is a not-for-profit organization and our purpose is to help our members achieve their financial goals. Established in 1937 and with over $1.0 billion in assets, Financial Partners continues to deliver legendary service to over 75,000+ members. We believe in Building Lifetime Financial Partnerships with our members and we are consistently finding innovative ways to make each experience easy and enjoyable.
Fri, 7 Jul 2017 17:14:50 PDT