Engineer Technician IV
Opening:Engineer Technician IV
Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm/40Hrs. per week
Benefits: Direct Deposit; Medical, Dental, Vision
Minimum Requirements: Perform field and/or laboratory testing, observation, and inspection of construction materials. Communicate with project manager, client representative, contractor's representative and others as applicable regarding the construction site, project requirements, and testing, observation, and inspection requirements and results. Transport material samples with associated identifying documentation to the laboratory for further testing and analysis. Tabulate, prepare, and submit data and observation in the form of written and digital reports as work is performed for daily transmittal to the Project Manager. Maintain and clean equipment, vehicles and work areas. May assist with scheduling and dispatch of Technicians to project sites. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs testing, observation, and inspection as directed in accordance with training and the specified procedures.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Performs basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the Project Manager.
- Communicates information to Project Manager and other personnel as directed by the PM.
- Has experience and proficiency in multiple areas of field testing and inspection and or laboratory testing
- Trains lower level technicians.
- May direct and supervise activities of other engineering technicians in the laboratory or on larger field projects.
- May interact with client and other site personnel on behalf of the Project Manager when directed.
- May assist Project Manager in development of scope for testing and inspection services
- Maintains equipment operation and calibration.
- Performs advanced fieldwork and assists with project management.
- Plan, schedule and dispatch Technicians to project sites based on technician skill set, certifications, location, project, and priority.
- Perform repairs including but not limited to: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and all other building related equipment and systems, including the architectural/structural components of the building(s).
- Coordinate pre-dispatch activities with Project, Department, and/or Office Managers.
- Track projects including contractor site data and status into Construction Materials and Laboratory Management System.
- Communicate with clients to provide up to date information regarding the company's ability to meet expected project timelines, client needs for projects and project status.
- Follow safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Performs pre-task planning prior to executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in training and related experience.
- Experience with laptop computer use and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- ACI certification in one or more of the following areas:
- Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade I.
- Concrete Strength Testing Technician.
- Certified in radiation safety and Nuclear Density Gauge operation.
- Must have at least five (5) years of general hands on experience in electrical and mechanical field (General experience must include both electrical and mechanical trade work)
- Must have one (1) year of comprehensive hands-on experience obtained within the past five (5) years in electrical and mechanical fields. (Comprehensive must include one or more of specialized electrical or mechanical trades, to at least include: the maintenance or testing of electrical power distribution equipment and maintenance and testing of RHVAC equipment)
Human Potential Consultants (HPC) is an Employment Solutions Company whose overall leadership and mission for each of our contracts are structured for a successful planning implementation, evaluation and continuous improvement in achieving and exceeding our performance goals.
At HPC, we change lives by developing, managing and delivering innovative workforce solutions that exceed the expectations of government entities and private employers. Let us put you to work!
Fri, 7 Jul 2017 15:59:28 PDT