R&D Product Developer
The person in this position will be responsible for designing and developing a broad array of products, machines, & manufacturing processes. A strong applicant will bring a technical aptitude coupled with a desire for hands-on learning. In return they will be given challenging tasks with an opportunity to learn and expand their portfolio of technical and business skills. The person in this position will work with many different departments and outside vendors to identify and develop solutions to a wide range of company and customer needs.
• Utilize CAD software to design creative new concept components and assemblies
• Develop theoretical models and physical prototypes to complete testing and validation
• Work with Design & Engineering to identify design practices that improve quality and manufacturability of products. Contribute to continuous improvement of process and product quality
• Maintain information on project cost and scope in a clear fashion throughout development process
Support manufacturing through the development of tooling and manufacturing processes to expedite successful new product launch
Ideal Applicant Possesses:
• BS or AAS in engineering, technology, manufacturing, or other related technical field is desired. A candidate with related work experience would be considered.
• 3-D solid modeling software experience (SolidWorks preferred) with proficiency in design, drafting and dimensioning required
• Utilize a working knowledge of modern manufacturing to identify ideal manufacturing processes and machines to minimize cost and labor. Key areas include metal cutting, punching, machining, robotic and manual welding. Experience with Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) techniques is highly desired.
• Ability to calculate, assign, and measure manufacturing part tolerances
• Strong technical and analytical aptitude, willing and able to research and learn complex topics with minimal guidance. Common topics include mechanical interactions & wear, material properties, energy-based design, dimensional analysis
• Efficient communication skills with an ability to effectively manage conflict
• Experience with project scheduling and management of multiple priorities
• Must work effectively in teams and alone
• Able to maintain a results oriented demeanor in a fast-paced environment
• Significant experience with Microsoft Word & Excel (including data processing in Excel through formulas, functions, and tables)
Engineering Services & Products Company (ESAPCO) was founded in 1979 with the purpose of bringing the highest quality products at the most competitive prices with exceptional customer service directly to the agricultural, horticultural, building and retail trade communities. With this goal in mind, we have grown from a regional, two-person operation to one with corporate headquarters and sales call center located in South Windsor, CT and a manufacturing and distribution center located in Dyersville, IA. These multiple locations allow our dedicated team of sales and service professionals to service over 300,000 loyal and happy customers worldwide. Engineering Services & Products Company is a member of Industrial Fabrics Association International (IFAI), Lightweight Structures Association (LSA), American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) and the Better Business Bureau Online Reliability Program.
Engineering Services & Products Company offers greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, engineered buildings, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, temporary shelters, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, poultry products, livestock equipment and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home.
Fri, 7 Jul 2017 10:49:37 PDT