INTERN Information Technology
Responsible for assisting CVD's IT Manager and Controls Engineer Manager with all operations within the IT department
Education & Experience
Pursuing Computer Information Systems Degree or similar field.
2 + years relative experience
Duties & Skills Required
• Technical training or certifications a plus
• Capable of using and troubleshooting a wide range of software programs and networking equipment, as well as possess the ability to type and run various company reports. The IT intern should demonstrate knowledge of software, communication systems, databases and networks.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to multitask effectively and work on a wide variety of projects.
• Must be comfortable being the first level of support and speaking with employees to gather important and relevant information to input Tickets
• Set up new computers/IT Equipment
• Active Directory
• Re-image, configure, personalize, test, deploy and troubleshoot desktop PC's
• Maintain accurate inventory of deployed equipment and/or area of responsibility
- With moderate supervision, conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and diagnose hardware and software problems. May replace defective components, and provide technical assistance.
• Configure, run and test SQL backups
• Knowledge of MS Windows Server and Client OS
• MS Office Suite/ Adobe Products
• Network Managed Switches
• Wireless Technologies, Access Points and Wireless Controllers
• Phone System Support
CVD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CVD Equipment Corporation designs, develops, and manufactures a broad range of chemical vapor deposition, gas control, and other state-of-the-art equipment and process solutions used to develop and manufacture materials and coatings for research and industrial applications. This equipment is used by our customers to research, design, and manufacture these materials or coatings for aerospace engine components, medical implants, semiconductors, solar cells, smart glass, carbon nanotubes, nanowires, LEDs, MEMS, and other applications. Through our application laboratory, we provide process development support and process startup assistance with the focus on enabling tomorrow's technologiesTM. Its wholly owned subsidiary CVD Materials Corporation provides advanced metal surface treatments and coatings serving demanding applications in the biomedical, petroleum, pharmaceutical, and many other industrial markets.
Central Islip, NY
Wed, 5 Jul 2017 13:19:54 PDT