Senior Director - Research Administration
This position offers a well-qualified individual the opportunity to direct OSP's Research Administration function at Stevens Institute of Technology. The successful candidate must possess a range of skills and experience that include, but are not limited to, flexibility; confidence in their own competency in order to engage demanding conversations when needed; an ability and the desire to work independently as well as part of a cohesive team; a significant amount of patience and the ability to derive personal satisfaction from a job well-done. Proposal deadlines are intense and often require multi-tasking as well as the ability to reprioritize on-the-fly.
The Sr. Director has a significant presence in the research community; thus, it is important that he/she be confident and able to engage faculty in difficult dialogues and experienced and wise enough to offer possible alternative solutions.
- Education: Masters Degree
- Experience: 5 years of directly related experience in positions of increasing responsibility with a total of 7 years at an institution of higher education.
- Information Systems Knowledge: Must be skilled and thoroughly familiar with Microsoft Suite, including Excel, Power Point and Visio.
- Education: Masters and CRA
- Experience: 5-7 years of directly related experience in positions of increasing responsibility with a total of 7 years at an institution of higher education.
- Information Systems Knowledge: Must be skilled and thoroughly familiar with Microsoft Suite, including Excel, Power Point and Visio. Added consideration given to those familiar with COEUS, KUALI, and Workday.
Office of Sponsored Programs
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police