Destinations by Design is currently looking for an Accounting Manager to join our team!
- Develop and maintain financial record keeping and reporting systems.
- Supervise payroll, billing, receivables, payables, cash receipts, cash disbursements, and general ledger functions.
- Monitor and follow-up on receivables that have been outstanding for unusually long periods of time.
- Produce monthly financial statements including balance sheet, profit/loss statements, and accumulative general ledger using a computer-based accounting system.
- Ensure that all general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly closing general ledger entries.
- Review reconciliations to ensure that they are prepared properly and follow-up on any unusual items.
- Monitor cash flow and investments.
- Manage filing of tax forms including 1099s, IRS pension report.
- Oversee, in conjunction with independent auditor, preparation of annual audit.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts, and prepares related journal entries.
- Supervise preparation of invoices.
- Supervise Accounting staff.
- Execute transactions of pension and tax deferred annuity plan deposits.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive team.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- QuickBooks Enterprise experience preferred
- Working knowledge of NV tax laws
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced computer skills
In operation since 1990, DBD provides high-quality destination management, event and design services, with a "whatever it takes" service standard. DBD owns a wide selection of decor and linen, as well as fresh florals--all under one roof. DBD proudly received national status as a Women',s Business Enterprise (WBE) by the Women's Business Enterprise Council West in 2014. In 2015 the company celebrated 25 years of operating programs and events throughout Las Vegas and across the country. DBD recently moved into a new 130,000+sq. ft facility which supports space for 100+ employees from all departments (warehouse, floral studio, design studio, entertainment, sales and operations) with a lively, fun working environment that reflects the business culture at DBD.
Las Vegas, NV
Fri, 7 Jul 2017 15:41:16 PDT