School Research Administrator, CCAS
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
George Washington University is recruiting for a School Research Administrator to work in a dynamic and growing research environment. The George Washington University excels in research and education in biomedical, cyber-security, high-performance computing, nanotechnologies, robotics, theoretical nuclear physics, phylogenetic biology, hominin bio-mechanics, primate behavior, and many other fields. In order to support the research growth efforts, we are looking for individuals that are energetic, proactive and portray strong customer service skills with all levels of students, faculty and staff who are excited to assist in establishing departmental processes, procedures, and reports to support significant growth in the research area. Individuals with experience working in the sponsored research arena, especially experience with NSF, NIH, and DOE grants (and the appropriate submission portals) are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees sponsored project proposals, including budgets. Addresses questions on these subject from Principal Investigators and their staff regarding processes, allowability and necessary documentation.
- Identifies issues and streamlines activities that further benefit the department and OVPR.
- Reviews the pre-post award administration of the school (CCAS) sponsored projects, including facilitating reimbursements, purchase orders, service agreements, invoice payments, P-Card activities payroll distributions, stipends and tuition benefits.
- Facilitates in financial award management and reporting.
- When necessary, escalates work-related matters to the OVPR Sponsored Projects team.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
Previous experience in higher education research administration, research support programs or related function.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Proficiency in the use of personal computers and various office application software programs, to include spreadsheets and database management.
Experience submitting proposals with federal agencies and foundations.
Experience with financial grants management.
Knowledge of enterprise software (e.g., Oracle, Banner, Cayuse) utilized at the university a plus.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Columbian College of Arts & Sciences (CCAS) Family Research Administration Sub-Family Research Program Administration Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Mon-Fri Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006318 Job Open Date: 05/09/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter