Director of Recruitment and Admissions - Student Academic Affairs, College of Liberal Arts and Scie
Director of Recruitment and Admissions
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Director of LAS Recruitment and Admissions recruits, monitors and manages undergraduate enrollment within the college by: designing and implementing a full-range of recruitment strategies focused on prospective and newly-admitted students and closely monitoring trends of currently enrolled students and effecting practices that can impact enrollment and retention within LAS across the years.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership for recruitment and yield efforts and support enrollment management for the college, coordinating with SAAO Associate Dean, LAS departments, and Office of Undergraduate Admissions to analyze and monitor enrollment trends, set college enrollment goals, and effect recruitment and other practices to meet goals.
- Lead, supervise and coordinate LAS recruitment team and others who assist in recruitment and yield, planning and implementing strategies that include both on-campus and off-campus recruitment efforts.
- Serve as lead LAS admissions officer, reviewing applications, collaborating in decisions and providing leadership for the LAS admissions team.
- Develop in partnership with LAS Communications team recruitment-yield materials and a recruitment communications plan which may include social media and websites.
- Manages all administrative aspects of new student summer orientation-registration activities, including coordinating with OUA and LAS departments on scheduling, tracking of attendees, communication with students and collaborating in advisor preparation for summer registration.
- Assesses impact of activities, reviews data reports & utilizes information in planning and decision-making.
- Contributes to general and shared duties in the LAS Student Academic Affairs Office, including academic progress review and monitoring, Walk-in-Advising duty rotation, late-drop committee and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree;
- At least 3 years of experience with student recruitment, admissions, enrollment management or programming related to same;
- Ability to make dynamic and effective public presentations;
- Demonstrated strength in planning, organization, project management;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Master's degree;
- Degrees in communications, marketing, or a liberal arts and sciences field;
- Experience recruiting, training and supervising staff in area of recruitment/enrollment management;
- Experience working with and recruiting diverse student populations;
- Academic advising experience;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in designing and assessing successful recruitment or enrollment management strategies;
- Excellent public presentation skill specifically to prospective and current students and parents.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time, academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at http://go.illinois.edu/LASDirectorRecruit and upload your cover letter and resume by July 21, 2017. Online application will require names and contact information including email addresses for three professional references. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Allison Perry at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Director of Recruitment and Admissions - Student Academic Affairs, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (A1700418)
Open Date: 07/07/2017
Organization Name: Student Admissn Oth