Admissions Officer - JWMI
The Jack Welch Management Institute seeks enthusiastic, polished, and professional individuals to join an all-star admissions team. Our mission is to contribute to changing the face of business by recruiting leaders into Jack Welch's MBA program.
- Respond to new student inquiries via phone and email
- Interview prospective students to determine qualifications and career goals
- Educate qualified prospective students on the benefits of the Jack Welch MBA program
- Assist students with their due diligence and admissions process partnering with other departments to finalize enrollments and support long-term success for the student
- Contribute to team performance objectives
- Work with Strayer campus teams supporting campus referral interviews and enrollments.
- Provide coaching to Strayer campus teams to help them support their students who may be best fit to the Jack Welch MBA
- Provide lateral leadership and mentoring among team and other departments in the University.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred/exceptions made for otherwise highly qualified candidates
- 3-4 years customer service and/or sales experience
- A positive demeanor with a commitment to contributing to a collaborative team environment
- Ability to execute tasks
- Ability to energize others
- Ability to communicate with candor as an advocate for the team, our students, and self
- A self-starting approach to the position
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships over the phone
- Strong analytical skills
- Polished verbal and written communication
- A commitment to business ethics and compliance with regulatory rules
- Strong computer skills
- Supportive team dynamic. This department works closely with other teams in a boundary-less environment.
- The office is open Monday-Thursday from 9am-8pm, from 9am-6pm on Friday, and from 9-1 on Saturday. This position will coordinate a schedule with the Director of Admissions to compliment the team schedule to support success.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.