Financial Aid Processor
The Financial Aid Processor will be responsible for performing application review, determining eligibility and awarding student financial aid, fund disbursement, and federal and state aid program administration and reconciliation. The Financial Aid Processor will focus on areas of expertise as assigned.
***In addition to uploading resume, the following documents are required for consideration. We are requesting that all documents be uploaded one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICATION PACKET section of the application.***
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Perform application review and determination of student eligibility to prepare file for student aid awarding. Application review includes:
- Verification: verify accuracy of data and make corrections as needed
- Federal database (C-code) resolution
- Identify/resolve conflicting information by collecting additional data
- Review financial aid history
- Evaluate satisfactory academic progress status
- Review exception reports and make corrections as needed to ensure appropriate financial aid eligibility
- Perform student awarding and disbursement following federal, state and institutional guidelines.
- Communicate with students when necessary to resolve processing issues via the Financial Aid Help Desk system.
- Perform federal aid processing including origination and disbursement reporting, error resolution and monthly reconciliation.
- Perform state aid processing including determining eligibility, awarding, reporting and reconciliation.
- Perform financial aid recalculation/revisions related to attendance, enrollment change, special circumstance appeal, satisfactory academic progress appeal, post-screening reason code eligibility changes, additional sources of aid, over award, and over payment.
- Maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Participate in special events, evening, and weekend work as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure successful achievement of department goals.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate competencies to work in technology driven operation.
- Analytical skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills and student centered customer service orientation.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in a collegial and collaborative manner within a team and able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions.
- Demonstrate success working with students or customers in a service-oriented environment.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience in financial aid, preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
Job ID 2017-1528
Job Locations US-FL-Tampa