Project Manager I and Payroll/Billing Clerk
Position Description You MUST apply on www.pike.com to be considered for this position
This application and the Job description and application for Payroll Billing Clerk may be found on www.pike.com
------Minimum of 5 years experience required working as a Project Manager PLUS a 4 year Degree
Project Manager I(Job Number: 170000CD)
Position Summary: The Project Manager is primarily responsible for estimating, scheduling, procurement, and project management of master service agreements and site specific projects for distribution and transmission construction across a mix of customers. The Project Manager must drive various customer-specific and internal projects to completion, help the Pike Operations group to create value through analyzing the project results, and help develop the business decisions that result from the projects. The Project Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, while ensuring field operations are supplied with pertinent contractual information necessary to perform all work per specifications in a safe, cost effective, and timely manner. The Project Manager is expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently.
- Management of Projects and master service agreements in accordance with Pike Policies and Procedures.
- Management of the client, ensuring effective business relationships are in place.
- All aspects of contract negotiation, change order identification, submittal and approval, and establishing the means to execute the contract
- management of subcontractors and material procurement.
- Develop thorough estimates and proposals for site-specific projects and master service agreements.
- Lead effective meetings, including contract negotiations, contract kickoff meetings, progress meetings, and safety meetings.
- Direct project supervision and project work flow.
- Maintain proper levels of quality control, meet all project schedules, and ensure an efficient utilization of resources.
- Maintain effective change control and risk management processes.
- Communicate project status to management and to the client.
- Maintain working knowledge of utility company policy and procedures in order to communicate effectively with various professional staffs from client companies.
- Be held accountable for maintaining all confidences regarding highly sensitive and proprietary information.
- Manage/develop models for reporting monthly KPIs and information flow into operational and financial performance reports.
- Interact with other members of the Finance and Operations group to lead analysis of information in preparation of monthly leadership reports.
- Support members of the Finance and Operations group to aide understanding and articulation of business drivers and performance.
- Proactively participate in meetings with client construction supervisors and obtain the necessary technical, financial, and operational inputs for appropriate reporting.
- Management and support of emergency and storm restoration events.
- Additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
- Detailed knowledge of project management fundamentals
- Financial studies and knowledge of the electricity and electrical construction market preferred
- 4-year college degree preferably in operations, project management, construction management, or business management
- 5 years of Project Management experience preferred
- Experience in project structuring
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of an organization, and build trusting relationships in short periods of time
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis, including financial statement interpretation
- Working knowledge of personal computers and software applications with MS office application proficiency
- Proven success in developing and maintaining internal and external relationships
- High commitment to achieving goals and plans
- Demonstrated skills in written communications; ability to compose basic as well as complex technical documents, formal letters, invoices
- Demonstrated skills in oral communications; ability to make presentations to both small and large, diverse groups
- High energy level with the ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with a bias for action
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- General understanding of Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Cost Plus and Unit contract pricing mechanisms
- Working knowledge of the techniques needed to lead and influence others in a matrix organization
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle to feel; and reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work). The employee may be subject to one or more of the following atmospheric conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- Critical Thinking
- Work independently
- Leadership Skills
- Customer Oriented
- Bi-Lingual (preferred)
- Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members
- Must have valid driver license
- Job will involve approximately 30% travel, generally within Florida
Pike is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pike Electric, LLC is a Non-Union Company
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
:Florida-Palm Beach Gardens
:Pike Corporation, Inc.
Pike is one of the largest providers of Energy Solutions in the U.S. We provide engineering, construction and maintenance for distribution and transmission powerlines and substations, or EPC for turn-key and renewable energy projects. For large turn-key projects, to smaller maintenance work, we engineer, build and maintain
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:21:30 PDT