Requisition # 2017-7743
Category Research and Laboratory
Date Posted 4 months ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Princeton University Physics department is seeking an Electron Beam Lithography Technician to support the research of Professor Petta. This is a one year term position with the possibility of renewal.
The core responsibilities of this position require the successful applicant to
- Work in a clean room environment
- Develop and maintain fabrication process for semiconductor/superconductor quantum devices
- Stabilize existing sample fabrication process and develop more sophisticated sample fabrication capabilities based on the existing tool set
- Experienced in multi-layer electron beam lithography (Elionix preferred), metal deposition, and liftoff processes.
- Ability to work in a large research group with graduate students and postdoctoral fellows
- Ability to generate monthly progress reports and process stability checks
- Experience with optical lithography using both stepper and mask aligners, thin film deposition of metal/dielectrics with physical vapor deposition, electron beam evaporation, thermal evaporation, and sputter deposition
- Experience with reactive ion etching and wet etching of metal/dielectrics and related electrochemistry
- Experience with multilayer mask design and CAD tools and characterization tools such as scanning electron microscope, atomic force microscope, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, and SIMS analysis
- BA/BS in electrical engineering, physics, materials engineering or related field or equivalent practical experience
- Willingness to work with solvents and acids including HF
- Experience with process development, fabrication troubleshooting and statistical process control
- Familiar with material processing for cryogenic superconducting devices (detector arrays, etc.)
- MS/PhD in electrical engineering, physics, materials engineering or related field or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and stand for two hours
- The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Comments Related to End Date
One year term with possibility of renewal
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.