CAD Group Leader
Requisition # 2017-7749
Department PPPL Engineering and Infrastrc
Date Posted 7/7/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline 7/21/2017
The Princeton University Plasma Physics Laboratory, a world-leading fusion energy research center under contract with the U. S. Department of Energy (DOE), invites applications for a CAD Group Leader.
- Plan the CAD designers' workload and set priorities in agreement with the projects requesting the tasks.
- Assign CAD designers to tasks and monitor their progress.
- Manage the configuration model of NSTX-U and other plants of sufficient complexity requiring this function.
- Support the management of CATIA/ENOVIA systems and compliance with US ITER and ITER design standards.
- Manage the implementation of Engineering Change Notices (ECN).
- Support responsible engineers in the resolution of Deviation Requests (DR) and Non-Conformity Reports (NCR).
- Plan designers' hardware and software upgrades and training.
- ECN management.
- Configuration management.
- DR and NCR management.
- Maintain and update CAD Drafting Standards.
- Plan and implement staff training.
- Associate degree in Mechanical Design Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience in management of similar size drafting office in complex cross-functional design projects.
- Experience in work progress monitoring, work load planning and troubleshooting.
- Proficient in PTC Creo and PTC Windchill.
- Knowledge of CATIA and AutoCAD preferred.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are, therefore, unable or limited in your ability to use or access this system, you can request a reasonable accommodation by calling a Human Resources team member at (609) 258-2101.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory requires some candidates to complete a physical capacity exam successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of physical capacity exam may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to Princeton University careers site.