The University of Colorado Police Department is accepting applications for a Data Specialist. The Data Specialist performs complex and specialized tasks unique to the Patrol and Records Divisions and provides technical support work requiring a thorough knowledge of departmental operations, administrative procedures, and a considerable degree of independent judgment.
We are looking for someone who can work autonomously and who is comfortable working with information of a confidential and sometimes unpleasant nature. This position is open only to Colorado residents.
Who we are:
The members of the University of Colorado Boulder Police Department (CUPD) are dedicated to providing the highest quality police services in order to enhance community safety, protect life and property, and reduce crime and the fear of crime. To do this, we pledge to develop a partnership with the community, to lead a community commitment to resolve problems, and to improve the safety and quality of life for all CU affiliates.
The UCPD is a full-service police agency providing community-based public safety services to a diverse community of 36,000 affiliates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year long. Every year the department responds to approximately 20,000 calls for service.
What your key responsibilities will be:
The Data Specialist's primary duties are entering data obtained from officer or other CUPD contacts; including but not limited to indexing individuals, businesses and non-custodial property into the in-house records management system (RMS), scanning documents into appropriate case files, entering lost/stolen property or missing persons into the Colorado Crime Information Computer/National Crime Information Computer (CCIC/NCIC) database, and other various data entry work. This position maintains, reviews and verifies routine or specialized reports and records, and provides coverage and support to the Records Technicians.
What we can offer:
Monthly Salary Range starting at: $2,992
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be engaged. Be resourceful. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Must be a current Colorado resident in order to apply.
- One year of experience applying program rules and procedures for entry, retrieval, review, revision, and manipulation of data in a multiagency computerized information database OR Coursework from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the general work experience.
- In order to gain access to the Colorado Crime Information Center (CCIC) and the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) security clearance this position is subject to a comprehensive pre-placement background check, including: criminal history, financial, motor vehicle, psychological, polygraph, and medical exam.
_As part of the background check process, finalists will be requested to complete a personal history questionnaire._
What you will need:
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to type at least 35 words per minute.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
What we'd like you to have:
- Previous experience working with highly confidential information.
- Prior law enforcement or medical records experience.
- Extensive experience applying program rules and procedures for entry, retrieval, review, revision, and manipulation of data in a multiagency computerized information database.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by July 28, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Click here to view Special Instructions and General Information for Veterans and Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
2. A current resume.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10105.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10539 - CU Police Department
Posting Date: Jul 7, 2017
Closing Date: Jul 28, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00733049