Administrative Assistant II
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Professional Risk Management Office
Administrative Assistant II
Position #218274 - Requisition #10216
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Profssional Risk Management has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Administrative Assistant II position.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) will provide professional administrative services to support the operation of the Professional Risk Management office. Responsibilities include but are not limited to scheduling meetings answering phones, filing and other general clerical duties.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Scheduling meeting and management of calendars. This includes analyzing a variety of variables (i.e. multiple attendees, attendee and room availability).
- Identify, develop new or revise existing operational guidelines for a variety of office procedures.
- Provides first line contact for faculty, providers, attorneys and other stakeholders by answering the phones.
- Analyze account balances and determines funds availability for assigned accounts prior to making departmental purchases. Determine appropriate speed type for each purchase.
- Processing and disbursement of incoming and outgoing mail including case file allocation.
- Maintain office files including routine correspondence which includes sensitive and confidential information.
- Facilitate purchase requisitions and purchase orders, utilizing CU Marketplace system in a timely and accurate manner and according to University guidelines. Ensure all proper documentation ( e.g. sole source justification) is provided.
- Prepare and process other financial forms (e.g. travel and expense vouchers, official function forms, etc.) and verify and reallocate A card charges in a timely and accurate manner and ensuring the purchases comply with University fiscal regulations
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring salary has been established as $36,000.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Two years of general clerical experience. One year of this experience must have included:
- One year of customer service experience OR
- One-year experience working with faculty in an academic environment OR
- One-year experience working as a main point of contact role answering questions and providing information and support
- Experience with university financial systems, such as CU Marketplace and Concur or similar software.
- Experience with booking and managing travel arrangements
- Experience with event and meeting coordination
- Experience with working with faculty, staff and students in a higher education and/or a medical environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient level experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications as well as Apple
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Heidi.Eckhoff@ucdenver.edu.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin 7/14/17, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 20611 - ADM-VCHA Self Risk
Posting Date: Jul 7, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Heidi.Eckhoff@ucdenver.edu
Posting Contact Email: Heidi.firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00218274