Post Award Specialist
Who we are:
Scientists at the Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research (INSTAAR), part of the University of Colorado Boulder, discover the mechanisms that drive environmental change. They conduct interdisciplinary research on physical and biogeochemical processes in ancient and modern environments. Topics include geochronology, ecology, hydrology, oceanography, landscape evolution, and climate. INSTAAR field sites are located on all seven continents and the world's oceans. INSTAAR leads in key measures of scientific impact, such as numbers of papers, citations, and research dollars-more than 8,867 scientific papers cited INSTAAR research last year. INSTAAR shares its findings with the public to heighten understanding of environmental and climate change. Learn more about INSTAAR and the extraordinary work we're doing at INSTAAR.
What your key responsibilities will be:
INSTAAR presently has two (2) openings for Post Award Specialists to support our Principal Investigators, staff and student employees in sponsored project financial procedures and regulations, including sponsor requirements, Uniform Guidance, and State of Colorado, CU and INSTAAR rules.
In this role, we will look to you to guide PI's and their staff regarding the full range of financial questions. You'll prepare financial projections, track project start and end dates, monitor implementation of subcontracts, track expenses for assigned projects, approve and allocate purchases, monitor travel authorizations, and manage equipment purchases. You'll also work collaboratively with INSTAAR administrative staff, the Sponsored Project Accounting office and the Office of Contracts and Grants to investigate and resolve project issues and you will attend training and administrative updates when appropriate.
What we can offer:
The annual salary range for this positions starts at $44,000 and will depend upon relevant background and experience. In addition the University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement (with a 2-for-1 employer match), generous paid time off, tuition benefit and RTD ECO Bus Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be professional. Be collaborative. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year of sponsored project (post-award) administration or accounting experience in a university or other highly complex business setting.
What you will need:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to ensure accuracy in work performed.
- Ability to actively contribute to a positive work environment and to interact positively with a variety of people.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Sense of humor and appreciation for individual differences in people.
- Ability to work towards goals and timelines without close supervision.
What we'd like you to have:
- Three years of sponsored project administration experience including experience with PeopleSoft, Cognos and other University systems.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by July 21, 2017
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials AS ONE DOCUMENT/PDF to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please name your document as follows: First-Last-Resume-CL-10025.
During upload, please indicate the type of document to ensure accurate submission.
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10099 - INSTAAR-Inst,Arctic&Alpin Rsch
Posting Date: Jul 7, 2017
Closing Date: Jul 21, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00735222