Obstetrics & Gynecology - 300710
The Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is dedicated to providing excellent patient care and professional educational, research and clinical experiences for both faculty and students
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of North Texas Health Science Center seeks an experienced Outreach Worker for a grant-funded program to improve birth outcomes in Tarrant County.
This is a new position that will require an outreach worker with knowledge and practical experience in engaging community members, dissemination of current health information, and developing relationships in the community with referral sources. The ideal candidate will have a strong maternal and child health knowledge base, be passionate about working with under-served and vulnerable populations. Must have strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Recruit potential participants into Healthy Start, provide orientation, and complete referral process.
* Provide weekly community education classes to Healthy Start participants and community members and leverage other educational resources as necessary.
* Conduct outreach to engage community members, such as through community events, civic groups, library activities, and health and social service events.
* Assist people in enrolling for appropriate health care coverage.
* Establish positive, supportive relationships with participants and community members.
* Conduct home visits.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* High School diploma or GED.
* Two years experience in a community service setting.
* An equivalent combination of education and related experience.
* Valid TX Driver's License.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
* Community Health Worker.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Commensurate with Experience
Mon - Fri; 8am -5pm
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled