Food Service Worker II - 9 months
Dining-Residential - 163720
Is this an internal posting only?
Hours of Operation: Mon - Thurs 7am - 8pm, Fri 7am - 7pm, weekends and overtime as necessary
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. Our Retail Dining operations offer in house and national branded concepts.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The Resident Dining Services Department at the University of North Texas has several unique positions available as a Food Service Worker II. These are permanent; full time benefit-eligible position that work 9 months out of the year (September to May) and employees are able to spread their pay for 12 months. Or better yet! Employees have the option to work during those, summer months and make more money!
Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
* Communicates daily with cooks concerning interpretation of menus.
* Follows planned menus.
* Verifies that advance withdraws have been done properly.
* Reviews recipes and maintains productions schedules through proper pre-pep, batch preparation, and cooking.
* Follows recipes using correct products, ingredients and methods.
* Confers with cooking on problems recipes. Submits recipes for revision same day.
* Tastes product to verify quality.
* Assigns employees to alternate tasks when their daily routine is completed.
* Monitors sharing and cleaning of equipment among employees to encourage teamwork.
* Supervises effective garnishing/merchandising of all products throughout meal service.
* Verifies that dining room is clean and neat.
This position's responsibilities are primarily related to food preparation and is performed under the supervision of a Food Service Supervisor or a Food Service Manager. An employee in this position may direct and supervise the work of a Food Service Worker I and or student workers.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess one year experience in institutional or commercial food service. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions
* Ability to maintain records and complete forms accurately.
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: collecting cash and making change.)
* Strong knowledge of the care and use of food service equipment and kitchen utensils.
* Strong knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service and necessary precautionary measures.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, lifting, and use of utensils and equipment relating to food service operations.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
*Food Service Cooking Experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting